Thread: Flying With Pets (New Rules)

Default Flying With Pets (New Rules)

Flying With Pets (New Rules)

Just thought I would give everyone a heads-up on some of the new rules (well maybe not a rule) around flying with Pets.
    This happened to me:
    As usual I went to NWA and booked my flight down to S.D. for a Pheasant hunt. I knew that some of the flights were being Operated via Alaska Air, but did not think anything about it. I mean it still had an NWA FLT number.
    So thatís done. A couple of days later I call to book my dog and low and behold AA and NWA do not have a FLT agreement for transporting PETS and now I have to pay each airline a fee, plus receive and re-check my dog in the middle of the same trip.
    $150 later I have a flt change that is all Delta/NWA and I am good to go with my dog.

So! I thought I would remind everyone to check the PET rules prior to purchasing your ticket.

Note: One bit of good news, is NWA has adapted Deltas fees for traveling with PETS. This year I paid 175 verses 240.

O Yea! Here is why its worth it J:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRGi2BhwaHg

I'm not allowed to pay extra fee's for my dog... lol and sometimes get upgraded to business or first class.. but you bring up a great point for pets..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Talking The Doc

I don't think The Doc thinks he is a PET either, but they still won't let him ride in 1st Class, but than again they never hunted over him either.......lol!