Thread: All Weather 77/22

Default All Weather 77/22

Anybody shot the Ruger 77/22 in win. 22 mag. I bought one and was not impressed with the way it shoots. My sons marlin will shoot circles around it. It is a beautiful gun and very smooth just not impressed with it's accuracy, about 1 - 1.5 inches at 75 yards.

Default .22 lr

I cant speak for the mag, but my Dad has a .22LR that is a tack driver. Its a real pleasure to shoot. Is the stock touching the barrel or something, or maybe a loose scope mount. Elimination is the name of the game.

Some time back I had both the .22 and the .22WMR version of that gun.

The .22 was OK with almost everything but great with nothing but still a decent knockabout rifle.

The .22WMR was very picky with ammo. I'd try some different stuff than you've been using. Apparently the Winchester and the CCI use a very different load and I got great accuracy from the Winchester but not much else.

I have never used a 77-22 but all the 22wmr guns I have had were very ammo picky and in general not as accurate as their 22lr counterparts. This, and ammo price is why I moved away from 22wmr and donít buy them anymore.

There was one exception to this accuracy issue, an EAA single action revolver with a 12 inch barrel and both cylinders was a flat out tack driver with any ammo of 22lr or 22wmr. Too bad it was in my safe in Arizona when it was stolen, I miss that little gun.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I have one in the .22 Hornet and really like it. Another friend has the same and he likes his. I know ammo is not cheap but it works and accurate enough for me since I try to limit the shots to 100 yards or less.