Thread: Kenai River

Default Kenai River

Anyone float the Kenai recently? I heard through the grapevine of someone that went down over the weekend and the fishing is off the hook. I am wondering more about water levels...Any word?

Looking at the web cam water levels look normal for this time of year. It is floatable for sure with no problem. I might be heading down saturday to fish myself. I would fish it for sure if you have the chance. Im guessing flesh will be popping some and beads as well,. We have done well on both from this time of the year through march
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Let me know

I may be stuck helping Kim finish off bathroom remodel. BUT, considering that we finally picked up the 16' Cataraft, might be able to talk her into going on Saturday. We are going for sure the following weekend, and taking her kids for a float. Would love to try out the new raft....have seats for 5 (including rower) on it....
    So, let me know if you decide to go. Thoughts and prayers on the other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Looking at the web cam water levels look normal for this time of year. It is floatable for sure with no problem. I might be heading down saturday to fish myself. I would fish it for sure if you have the chance. Im guessing flesh will be popping some and beads as well,. We have done well on both from this time of the year through march
    A hair above normal actually.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?15258000