Thread: '00 700 XC/SP Mod's

Default '00 700 XC/SP Mod's

Looking for some quick inexpensive mod's to increase my holeshot. Very fast on the high end, just need a little more take off. Something I can do myself, don't want to mess with shops this time of the year. Hit me with some ideas.

Thx Xanfly

Assuming your motor is healthy and jetted right on the low end...

Starting on the cheap and simple---

1. Make sure belt deflection is set right. Set the belt as high in the secondary as it will allow without the machine creeping/squeeling at idle.
    2. Is the belt healthy? Or worn out of spec?
    3. Tighten your secondary spring (if you have room to spare on your peak rpm range)
    4. How many miles on the clutch springs? They loose stiffness over time and cause bogging.

If you are talking about trying to make bigger gains on the low end than simple adjustments can make, you will need to clutch and/or gear it to fit your preferences. Often times, you end up robbing the top end to gain on the low end. And these changes require more $$.

If you are a trail rider, consider studs. Any/all mods don't matter on the take off if all you do is spin the track.

New belt has less than 50 miles on it.
    Clutch springs are original but this machine has less than 1000 miles on it.
    I will check the deflection and the secondary spring. I should have some room to spare on peak rpm.
    I do mostly stick to the trails, I have been thinking about the studs but haven't convinced myself on them yet. Although I think I might end up going with them.

Would I gain any advantage by putting on a can? Running a stock muffler at this point.

thx for the ideas.

Cans are not perfomance enhancers. Some may claim a couple hp increase but that is not worth it. They are for weight reduction and just make a sled louder.

If you are already spinning the track, no mods will make it faster in the holeshot unless you get the HP to the ground. Think about a new track with taller lugs that will hook up better.

Need to know much more about the machine: your weight, current clutch set-up, gearing, track lug height and length and your WOT rpm.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Xanfly View Post
    I do mostly stick to the trails, I have been thinking about the studs but haven't convinced myself on them yet. Although I think I might end up going with them.
    What Nitroman said....stud the track

There's a reason SnoX'ers use 'em...