Thread: Byers lake weather conditions?

Default Byers lake weather conditions?

Rented a cabin out for this weekend, just wondering what shape the cabins are in & if any locals could fill me in on the weather up there. Also if anyone knows how big the woodburning stoves in those cabins are? The larger ones burn through wood quickly and I just want to make sure I bring enough.

Thanks

Bring a truckload,

J/K I have no idea, but you never know when you're going to break down.

Enjoy the weekend, thats a beautiful place.

( let us know what the cabins are like)

Quote Originally Posted by Drew1200 View Post
    Rented a cabin out for this weekend, just wondering what shape the cabins are in & if any locals could fill me in on the weather up there. Also if anyone knows how big the woodburning stoves in those cabins are? The larger ones burn through wood quickly and I just want to make sure I bring enough.

Thanks
    Cold. There wasn't much snow when I drove through there yesterday but we got a bit of snow here last night. There is no such thing as too much wood. Bring as much as you think you can haul. If you bring too much, you can leave it for the next people. I'm not sure but the lower parking lot might be closed by now. It is a little bit of a hike/not enough snow for a snowmachine. A mile or two (up hill back) depending on which cabin you got. Let me know how if the lake is frozen over. It should be because Mile 180 lake is frozen.
    That's what she said...

just another quick bump for any weather updates....NOAA seems to indicate a good amount of snowfall the last couple days.

thanks for all the responses so far!

I just drove by Byers earlier today. There was a a little over 12" of snow. The roads weren't too bad. A little slick but well plowed.
    That's what she said...

Just got home. Gates were still open as of today (11/15), however some moron left their sled trailer on the road down over the weekend so I ended up having to park in the veteran memorial lot & snowshoe in anyways.

1-2ft deep, not alot of base to the snow but saw lots of fresh snowmobile tracks. was about 5 degrees during the day, down to 20 below at night. snowshoeing around the lake was awesome. saw a couple people on the lake so I assume the ice is good. fair warning - the stoves there work great but take almost 12 full hours to really heat the cabin up (atleast when you get in and its already -10). I burned through about 2.5 bundles of wood a day.

cheers

Sounds like a great time. It's really nice up there.
    That's what she said...