Thread: Wiley E. Coyote

Default Wiley E. Coyote

These are a few pics of a Coyote I photographed on the way up to Denali National Park this past September. They would have been better photos if I wasn't shooting through tall grass, and huffing like a steam engine (from my run to get ahead of the animal), and knew what I was doing! Other than those limitations hey!

Last edited by Tracey Harmon; 11-09-2009 at 13:17. Reason: I messed up the photo upload, again!

Great images man, thanks for sharing.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default Cooperative he was...

How'd you get Wiley to pose for you in frame #1? Great shot.

I'm curious, was this a stop for hiking/photos enroute to Denali?
    Pictures like these just make ya want to get out there. Beautiful.
    Thanks!

Default Accidental Sighting

Mr. Leech,

On my way to Denali I stopped for a nature call on the other side of Cantwell. As I was walking up and over a small rise I caught sight of this Coyote, and two others. Since they had not seen me I watched for another minute, long enough to see they were traveling up the draw which paralleled the highway. I realized I might possibly get ahead of them by running hard up the highway, so off I went (grabbing my camera as I passed the Excursion).

Once I reached the head of the draw I borrowed into a large clump of grass and waited. Very shortly I saw Number One. Though I think I was fairly well hidden he stopped short and studied my clump of grass hard. Once he, and the others, started moving again they passed by me on the ridge above rather than coming straight at me (which was better for photography as I would never have gotten any photos if they had stayed in the grass with me).

In short, Mr. Leech, the photos were a matter of luck!

Oh yeah, make the trip to Denali........ it's well worth your time!

Sounds like luck was helped along by a little insight and effort.

Very nice.

Smile Excelent Photo's

Those are really nice pictures of mister Wiley.
    Early to bed
    Early to Rise
    Fish all day
    Make up lies

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

Let me tell you a little secret - Most photographers 'best' works - are luck !!

I can honestly say, my best selling images were all accidents / luck !!

Being in the right place - at the right time !!

Ansel Adams once said: Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop!!

Great job - photographing a 'difficult and elusive subject' !!

Your 'photographic instincts ' led you .. .. to do the 'right thing' (In this instance). BE CAREFUL - out there . Many a photographer has lost their lives - attempting to capture an image without (being aware of their surroundings). A very famous woman photographer 'just had to capture this magnificent scenery she was beholding, Composing the image in her viewfinder, she moved just a little too much - and fell off a huge cliff !!

Good thing there were no (harmful animals) in your area where you were hiding !! great images. (shudder) !!

A very famous explorer from Japan - MIssiu - used to go whaling in Point Hope for many years. He was an amazing man - who could whip up a 'feast' of food from a little tiny bag he always carried with him. Feed a crew of 8 - with full plates - from a tiny bag of rice-seaweed- and other dried (whatevers). He met his end down southern Alaska - got killed by a bear while photographing in the wildnerness !!

Twas a brace thing you did.. !! You are very lucky. or maybe I am just paranoid about 'hiding' in the bushes .. LOL .. yikes !!

You have some awesome images there.. Truely awesome !! (start printing note cards - post cards - I betcha you can sell a lot of em !!

Nice "Song Dog" pics, Tracey!

http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Default Thanks

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the compliments. They are all greatly appreciated, though probably undeserved!

Majik, I appreciate your advice. Every time I get careless I gain a new scar. But hey, chicks dig scars! Don't they?

Tracey
    Last edited by Tracey Harmon; 11-12-2009 at 00:35. Reason: Misspelled dig.

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Tracey Harmon View Post
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the compliments. They are all greatly appreciated, though probably undeserved!

Majik, I appreciate your advice. Every time I get careless I gain a new scar. But hey, chicks dig scars! Don't they?

Tracey
    (chuckle) If yew say sew !! - I could 'post' a few photos but I don't think they have any compositional value !!

Again - your bravery (brace) is commendable !!

We all have to start somewhere - I suggest if you haven't already done so is to prepare a portfolio & print up 1/2 dozen note-cards & post cards and I betcha this can bloom into something quite handsome. The #1 best selling images in Alaska are photographs of wildlife ! You truely have a 'prize' photo of a pose of the inquistiveness of that animal. The expression is priceless.