Thread: Who else in Anchorage sells Manfrotto tripods?

Default Who else in Anchorage sells Manfrotto tripods?

I'll be in Anchorage in a few days and one of the things I am looking for is a Manfrotto 055xprob tripod with a 488rc2 head. Stewart's Photo Shop and Camera Service Center each stock them at a price point I'm willing to pay, but I am wondering if there are any other dealers/stores that sells them for a cheaper price. I also asked Best Buy but they don't have the model I want in stock. Is there any other store's that stock Manfrotto tripods that I should call?

This next question is a long shot since most everybody here uses either a Nikon or Canon brand of DSLRs but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    I'm looking for either a Pentax FA 35mm f2 or a DA 40mm f2.8 pancake lens. I asked the above stores plus Kit's Cameras in Diamond Center but none of them stock the Pentax brand anymore. Has anyone seen one or both these lenses for sale in any little known shop or pawnshop in Anchorage?

TIA

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

as much as i hate to admit it...

Sportmans whse also sells them. my buddy purchased a nice one from them... and sets his spotting scope on it or his video...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    as much as i hate to admit it...

Sportmans whse also sells them. my buddy purchased a nice one from them... and sets his spotting scope on it or his video...
    Thanks. I'll give them a call tomorrow for a price quote.

Quote Originally Posted by AkSKeyMoe View Post
    I'll be in Anchorage in a few days and one of the things I am looking for is a Manfrotto 055xprob tripod with a 488rc2 head.
    Great set up there. I bought the identical set up myself and ordered mine from B&H Photo/Video. Great place to buy from if you are not familiar with them. Happy to share any info on the tripod/head, just PM me if applicable. Consider ordering an extra RC2 adapter plate in case you lose it or something. Handy thing to have in the camera bag. As are spare lens caps. Link below ...

On sale too with $25 instantly off...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...gs_Black_.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Ball_Head.html

Below is a great review with lots of pics on this tripod from a popular photography forum...

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=529785

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Very nice set, Danattherock, and the price is real good for such a good combo. Lighweight enough at around 5 pounds, too, and supports over 15 pounds. I ordered the set last week from B&H.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Great set up there. I bought the identical set up myself and ordered mine from B&H Photo/Video. Great place to buy from if you are not familiar with them. Happy to share any info on the tripod/head, just PM me if applicable. Consider ordering an extra RC2 adapter plate in case you lose it or something. Handy thing to have in the camera bag. As are spare lens caps. Link below ...

On sale too with $25 instantly off...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...gs_Black_.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Ball_Head.html

Below is a great review with lots of pics on this tripod from a popular photography forum...

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=529785

Thanks for the tips on having spares. The review you linked to was the one that tipped me over to the 055xprob.

Does this setup come with a bag? I didn't see one with the B&H info you linked to.

Just for kicks I added both items to my cart in B&H to see how much I would save if I ordered from them compared to buying one in Anchorage. The savings would've been just over $5 including USPS Priority shipping, the cheapest shipping rate of the lot.

No bag comes with it. Personally, I would try it without a bag first, then add one later if you deem it to be needed. One word of caution, if you fly with it, take the head off and wrap in a sweatshirt or pad in some way. The tripod is pretty tough, but I have a part on my head break once (TSA gorillas). Just screws off, easy to do.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

Probably the lowest prices (B&H Adorama ) and such are trustworty places to purchase from.

I might add a couple more you may not be familiar with.

E. Phillip Levines Boston (especiially for used equip)

Hunts Malden mass - this place is where I began - a tiny drug store in Malden Mass. that has the most incredible inventory of darkroom products in the ENTIRE STATE. Now they have 7 huge locations.

Their prices were always the lowest in the country. For instance -

Stewars Photo in Anchorage was almost twice the price over Hunts !!

I have worked for Stewarts photo (1981) I was a salesman !! (chuckle)

A couple walked in one day and wanted to purchase a Besler 23C Enlarger for their new darkroom. The price was 480 bux. They approached me and said.. we want to buy THAT enlarger. I said NO YOU DON'T !!

They each looked at me cross eyed and said we want THAT enlarger. I repeated NO YOU DO NOT want THAT one.. BECAUSE .. your going to spend 500 bux on it and go home and set it up and 'LOOK' at it. !!

I added : you can purchase that same unit for 220 bux @ Hunts bro's drug store in Malden. and you have almost 300 bux left over for paper - chemicals - trays - and anything else you want.

They left the store with a huge smile with the address tucked into their pocket.. I lost my $50 dollar commisson on that sale !!

At that time. Color Paper (Kodak)100 sheets 8 x 10 was $43 bux @ stewarts

20 bux @ Hunts !! even with shipping I still got it for much less than Stewarts .

Stewarts is much too expensive. You can save so much by going ELSEWHERE and the wait is worth it. It provides you much more money - so you can purchase other things instead of just one item!!

It is definetly worth a couple of extra days (waiting) and allows you to purchase something extra (for free). It all depends on how you look at it !! If you need it immediately - then go for it @ stewarts !! (cringe)!!

No bag comes with it. Personally, I would try it without a bag first, then add one later if you deem it to be needed. One word of caution, if you fly with it, take the head off and wrap in a sweatshirt or pad in some way. The tripod is pretty tough, but I have a part on my head break once (TSA gorillas). Just screws off, easy to do.
    Thanks again for the tips. Did you check it in as luggage as is, not bagged or boxed?

Quote Originally Posted by Majik Imaje View Post
    Probably the lowest prices (B&H Adorama ) and such are trustworty places to purchase from.

I might add a couple more you may not be familiar with.

E. Phillip Levines Boston (especiially for used equip)

Hunts Malden mass - this place is where I began - a tiny drug store in Malden Mass. that has the most incredible inventory of darkroom products in the ENTIRE STATE. Now they have 7 huge locations.

Their prices were always the lowest in the country. For instance -

Stewars Photo in Anchorage was almost twice the price over Hunts !!

I have worked for Stewarts photo (1981) I was a salesman !! (chuckle)

A couple walked in one day and wanted to purchase a Besler 23C Enlarger for their new darkroom. The price was 480 bux. They approached me and said.. we want to buy THAT enlarger. I said NO YOU DON'T !!

They each looked at me cross eyed and said we want THAT enlarger. I repeated NO YOU DO NOT want THAT one.. BECAUSE .. your going to spend 500 bux on it and go home and set it up and 'LOOK' at it. !!

I added : you can purchase that same unit for 220 bux @ Hunts bro's drug store in Malden. and you have almost 300 bux left over for paper - chemicals - trays - and anything else you want.

They left the store with a huge smile with the address tucked into their pocket.. I lost my $50 dollar commisson on that sale !!

At that time. Color Paper (Kodak)100 sheets 8 x 10 was $43 bux @ stewarts

20 bux @ Hunts !! even with shipping I still got it for much less than Stewarts .

Stewarts is much too expensive. You can save so much by going ELSEWHERE and the wait is worth it. It provides you much more money - so you can purchase other things instead of just one item!!

It is definetly worth a couple of extra days (waiting) and allows you to purchase something extra (for free). It all depends on how you look at it !! If you need it immediately - then go for it @ stewarts !! (cringe)!!
    I thought about ordering the set from Amazon free shipping but I didn't think they'd get here in time for my trip. The price difference between Amazon and Stewarts is about $30 which for me is pretty negligent.

Just pad it in your checked luggage when flying. In some clothes or something, between sleeping bags and such. Whatever. Not an overly fragile item, but I do try to put something soft around it. Can't take it as carry on, so be sure you put it in checked luggage when flying.

Just pad it in your checked luggage when flying. In some clothes or something, between sleeping bags and such. Whatever. Not an overly fragile item, but I do try to put something soft around it. Can't take it as carry on, so be sure you put it in checked luggage when flying.
    Thanks again. I appreciate it.