View Poll Results: Dipnetters, what price for a dipnet permit would make you decide to not go this year?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10

13 21.31%
  • $20

6 9.84%
  • $30

4 6.56%
  • $40

2 3.28%
  • $50

12 19.67%
  • $60

2 3.28%
  • $70

0 0%
  • Even at $70 bucks for my family's permit, we're still going dipnetting.

22 36.07%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dipnetters, what fee would you agree to pay?

Default Dipnetters, what fee would you agree to pay?

I'm posting this poll for thewhop2000:
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...63&postcount=3

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

500 bucks ......
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Hey.......

I thought you didn't dipnet?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    I thought you didn't dipnet?
    NOPE what i said was.....

i told the wife that next time i say i am going dipping agian....

she is to take 400.00 out of my wallet and beat the holy crap out of me with it......

so you see in reality...i am willing to spend

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Vince, talk about screwing up our poll....

I'd pay$25 to see your wife beat you up with $400.00 american. But.. that is just me. Maybe someone else will up the ante?

Wink You bet!

I'll throw 25 bucks into that kitty!

wife says bidding starts at 50.00... how much would you pay to see Vince have the holy crap beat outa him by his wife with 400.00 american...

that will set the dipnetting fees

meet on face book here

Default schedule it

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    wife says bidding starts at 50.00...
    Between thewhop and I we've already met the minimum. Time to schedule this!
    (and yet another hijacking continues...)

BTW poll shows more tight wads then sports/outdoors/men...

take a look at those that hunt water fowl.. MANY many of them are willing to self sacrifice to achieve the goals and longevity of there love of hunting water fowl... the build nest

they clear land and build ponds
    they trap predators

they hunt with limits like no other season and they encourage the growth of the sport/harvest/opportunity what ever you call it... most hunters are that way...

Fisherman on the other hand are extremely competitive and narrow minded by the events that may or may not limit their activity... most hunters will ask... for no season to hunt to ensure future seasons of it..... fishing causes boycotts and illegal harvest because they feel it is the RIGHT...

at least thats how i read it...

Steve .. whop... you two are trying to preserve what you do to harvest and for that i commend you...unfortuanatly... your dealing with a bunch of slobs that won't....the few that go to the high end of what it will cost are those who are on your side....

good luck with all this... hope the BOF See's it your way

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Between thewhop and I we've already met the minimum. Time to schedule this!
    (and yet another hijacking continues...)
    she says each....

meet on face book here

Default Vince really?

Ok, can’t give you a pass on that on, there are just as many selfish slob hunters as there are anglers. How many hunters take more than one moose for their household each year, no one can tell me a single household can justify this kind of wanton waste. Or how many of us have seen a dozen guys at a moose camp, all with mature bulls. Just scratched the surface here, most of us know of or have seen even worse so time to hop off that high horse.

Default dipnetter

Being involved in trying to keep dipnetting alive and for dipnetters to have a voice, I actually lean towards what Vince is saying. More people that hunt seem to get involved more than say, people that just dipnet or fish. JMO. Don't know why this is so but it certainly seems like that. I really have to twist arms to get people out and to testify at the BOF. I can't say for sure but it seems that fishermen like to have other people fight their fight, unless of course they are out to make money, like a commfisher on that resource. I can't explain it but it sure seems like that.
    I know the head of Safari Club Inter. up here, he is a friend of mine. I go to the state fair and help him sell raffle tickets every year, to raise money for Women and children's hunter safety and Outdoor women's programs, like they hold in Fairbanks each year. We discussed this very issue, hunters verses fishers and who seems to be more gung-ho on supporting their causes. It seems that hunters will put more money where their mouth is every time. Just the nature of the beast, I guess.
    He has been involved for 20 years on a lot of outdoor programs and know's what he is talking about. I have to agree with him too. Try raising money from sportfishers and then try raising money from hunters. Hunters outspend fishers every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    poll shows more tight wads then sports/outdoors/men...

Maybe I don't understand the point of the dipnet fishery but isn't it strictly for sustenance. Walking around with a big net doesn't sound very sporting to me. It sounds like procuring protein.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·..¸¸ ><((((º>`·.¸¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Quote Originally Posted by Phish Finder View Post
    Maybe I don't understand the point of the dipnet fishery but isn't it strictly for sustenance. Walking around with a big net doesn't sound very sporting to me. It sounds like procuring protein.
    the point was at the time the poll was very ballenced to the 10.00 limit and the terms
    sports/outdoors /fisher folks was to not single out any one group as those that dippnet also tend to fish other wise ...

in all the segragation of user groups is what is eating that/those/sports/job/harvest groups alive.

fly vs spin vs bait vs C&R vs sport harvest vs commercial vs trout. vs salmon vs eat it vs respect and kiss it vs a fun group vs a hobby vs you name any other click youve seen on the rivers.

one river, lots of fish... and a whole pile of wadded up panties...i dont get it....

why wouldn't people be willing to support their own hobby... and face it Dipping is a HOBBie.. not a life style. a cheap means to gather food.. well.........???????????? sorta eh?

meet on face book here

ad dippnet... never said harvest was wrong.. or waistfull... only that so many seem to want it for free.

if it cost me 500.00 to go moose hunting each year.. guess what i would pay it.

in the mean time i am also promoting pond growth and willow growth on state lands that i have claims located on all with F&G bio permission in areas that are nutritionally suffering...

out of my own pocket..

to ensure my self my children and others have a harvest to gather... i do not see that commitment in various fishing groups aside from those that commercially fish them and those that would spawn with them given the chance... ( but those are to few )

meet on face book here

Vince, do you participate in the dipnet fishery?
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·..¸¸ ><((((º>`·.¸¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

never fished down there

not once

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by dipnetter View Post
    Ok, can’t give you a pass on that on, there are just as many selfish slob hunters as there are anglers. How many hunters take more than one moose for their household each year, no one can tell me a single household can justify this kind of wanton waste. Or how many of us have seen a dozen guys at a moose camp, all with mature bulls. Just scratched the surface here, most of us know of or have seen even worse so time to hop off that high horse.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Being involved in trying to keep dipnetting alive and for dipnetters to have a voice, I actually lean towards what Vince is saying. More people that hunt seem to get involved more than say, people that just dipnet or fish. JMO. Don't know why this is so but it certainly seems like that. I really have to twist arms to get people out and to testify at the BOF. I can't say for sure but it seems that fishermen like to have other people fight their fight, unless of course they are out to make money, like a commfisher on that resource. I can't explain it but it sure seems like that.
    I know the head of Safari Club Inter. up here, he is a friend of mine. I go to the state fair and help him sell raffle tickets every year, to raise money for Women and children's hunter safety and Outdoor women's programs, like they hold in Fairbanks each year. We discussed this very issue, hunters verses fishers and who seems to be more gung-ho on supporting their causes. It seems that hunters will put more money where their mouth is every time. Just the nature of the beast, I guess.
    He has been involved for 20 years on a lot of outdoor programs and know's what he is talking about. I have to agree with him too. Try raising money from sportfishers and then try raising money from hunters. Hunters outspend fishers every time.
    I had to double quote you guys because I noticed dipnetter wrote "anglers" and the whop wrote "sports fishermen". Can I ask you guys a question? If a dipnetter is an "angler" or "sports fishermen" then how can they be classified as subsistence users? Seems like a conflict of interest collecting funds from sports fisherman and anglers to fight BOF battles in the name of subsistence. If dipnetting becomes subsistence instead of personal use then doesn't the sports fisherman lose priority over dipnetters in years of shortage? Thats just my interpretation thats all.

Dipnetting is NOT subsistence. It is an alternate means of harvest that is not "sport" but a fairly new classification that lies in between called, "personal use".

To give it a scale:

Sport angling is taking fish by "fair chase" chance and is open to all who will pay for the licenses to do so. Limits are small.

Personal use is taking a modest quantity by easier means (dip net or set gill net) that is primarily for stocking up a single family's food stock. It is less about fair chase and more about larger limits. Restricted to AK residents, but it is open to all AK residents.

Subsistence is taking of a larger quantity by an easy means that is restricted to specific sub-populations of AK for needed-to-survive food supplies.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default Dipnetters were...

originally subsistance users until the BOF decided with commercial and Native orgs. that locality depended on that title. so then it was called personal use. That was twenty years ago but now we have commercial entities saying that all users should have access. So... what is it? Local use or all users? Can't have it both ways but the commercial entities want it both ways, due to the current lawsuits to stop dipnetting. I'm a little confused? Out of state comfishers can take home unlimited daypacks but Alaska residents are limited in what they can do to fill their freezer. Put it on a fish ticket and call it good? No limits? That is obscene! Seems like comfishers have it great and every little proposal geared in that direction is just another shot at Alaskans, period!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast