Thread: Wildlife Technologies E-callers

Default Wildlife Technologies E-callers

I was looking for a topic on WT e-callers. Any one have one? What sounds work best in Alaska? What sounds do you use most?
    The MA-21 is the one I am going to get does anyone have one?
    2007 Ocean Pro HT/ET, 150 Yamaha, Valdez,Ak, "Un-Reel"

I have one I like it but the cost alot about 600.. My buddy has one from cablea's it works and sounds just as great.
    I painted mine green. I have 75 differant types of calls on mine it worked really good last winter up by Hope for coyotes. It has a call on it called coyote pup calls and another pups howling they come a running when they hear it. I love it.
    If you want to check one out before you buy send me a P.M. and you stop by and look at this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails n 003.jpg  

Default WT Callers

Trapman,
    Their new model just started shipping out last week, so not a whole lot of information yet. You might want to hold off though, it sounds as though in 30-60 days they may make it a "programmable" unit, well worth the wait if that's the case. I have around 200 WT sounds and here are one's that have worked.
    Snowshoe Hare, Cottontail baby, Cottontail Adult, Flemming Hare baby, and Voles. I'm sure others would work, those are just the one's I've had luck with. I'd recommend the Ravens as well, makes for a realistic setup playing it after a dying rabbit sound. Their moose sounds are great, but last year using e-callers for Moose was made illegal in the entire state. If you're going to chase wolves, their wolf sounds are excellent as well.

Here there web page. That new call looks good. My Kas 2030 was 96db was loud. The new is 130db that loud I have never turned mine up the whole way it too loud. Mite have to up grade

http://www.wildlifetech.com/pages/product.html

snowcamo what do you mean by programable? I talked to WT and they said the MA's have a mini SD card in them and if you want to ad more sounds all they will do is send and updated card.

Trapman,
    On another forum, the owner of a new WT said that WT told them in 30-60 days they would offer a software upgrade so that the user could add or program their own sounds on the caller. Many guys have other sounds from different manufacturers of their own recordings they like to use and it sounded as if WT was going to offer that as an option like FoxPro, Minaska, and many of the other companies do. It's a handy feature, because I like to load long 15-20 minute custom sound sequences with silence put into it. I just have to push the remote once on a stand and then just sit back and I can keep my eyes on the field the entire time. Has been real productive doing it that way.

Default Just ordered

I just ordered my MA-21 today. I went with the lithium rechargeable batteries and charger. Can't wait till it gets here!

Snowcamo-I did ask them about the programable feture they said was quite a ways out yet. Sounds like if wanted to upgrade to that in the future they could just update the software.