Thread: 20D antlerless permits

Default 20D antlerless permits

I must be missing something, but I don't see DM797/799 in the supplement. I see it in the regulations. Anybody know whats up.

Not sure if this is the reason or only part of it but, the current regs. are for 2009-10 hunting season. The current application period and supplement are for the upcoming 2010-11 hunting season. Those hunts not listed in the supplement would indicate to me that they will not happen in 2010-2011.

Quote Originally Posted by 338WM View Post
    Not sure if this is the reason or only part of it but, the current regs. are for 2009-10 hunting season. The current application period and supplement are for the upcoming 2010-11 hunting season. Those hunts not listed in the supplement would indicate to me that they will not happen in 2010-2011.
    I believe you are correct. They have not come out with the '10-'11 regs yet, so what you are seeing in the supplement won't necessarily match what is shown in the regs that are currently available.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by trapperbob View Post
    I must be missing something, but I don't see DM797/799 in the supplement. I see it in the regulations. Anybody know whats up.
    sitting in the AC meetings of late. it sound like they are pulling back from the easy accessible hunts of antlerless... they have near reached the numbers in a lot of the areas excluding the furthest reaches of unit 20A and those are mostly fly in only.

there was some dissent about authorizing the RM- hunt this winter and still is in question and if it does go it will be the very back edge of they unit...

i think it i will come up at the NOVEMBER AC meetings...

Lower Nenana Ac meets in Healy November 16th at the trivalley school library. the Fairbanks AC will meet a day or so later but have not ironed the schedule as of yet.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Delta cow hunts

This I believe was a three year plan, so this year was the last year of 797, 798, 799. They weren't in the supplement, so I am pretty sure they will not hold those hunts anymore.

I just returned from a Delta cow hunt. My son had a permit and we hunted this weekend. We had the 798 permit. Hunted hard for 3 days and saw 1 bull, a cow and twin calves, and 1 lone cow on the last morning who gave us the slip. We did see several on the hillside out of my packing range. We had several inches of fresh snow each day but saw very few tracks despite covering alot of ground each day. Most of our time was spent on MP 1408 but we tried 1402 and 1397 as well. Talked to another party who hunted Greely all day on 4 wheelers and saw nothing. We covered a ton of country and saw little fresh sign. It is possible that we were in the wrong area or that the animals were not moving but I really think that the herd has been really thinned out. It looks like this hunt is a thing of he past and it probably is a good thing.