Thread: Made it to Homer

Default Made it to Homer

My wife and I made the move to Homer last week after driving a 26' U-haul towing a car, and my wife driving out pickup towing our boat. we encountered much snow and ice along the way, BUT WE MADE IT. I'm searching for any local or area fishing clubs, associations/organizations that a guy like me can join and get involved with and make new friends, learn to fish and boat the rivers and waters, and help protect and conserve our fish and rivers.

Thanks

Arrow Congrats

Great job making it all the way; that is quite the journey, as only those that have driven it can really appreciate. Welcome.

Here is one organization: http://www.alaskadipnetting.com/ There are more; I bet you'll get a lot of great suggestions here.

If you haven't already done so, stop by the Kachemak Gear Shed. It's a great place for fishing gear, but even more so, it's a great place to talk fishing and to get the pulse of what's going on. I'm sure the folks there can put you in touch with some locals.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

what brian said then head on over to homer daves for fresh crab and moose for dinner... served nightly at ~5ish.... Tell him... i sent ya
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

You might check out the Alaska Outdoor Counsel they work to insure our fishing and hunting rights. Unfortunately politics are as bad or worse in Alaska as any other state. AOC works through political venues to help us keep what rights we have. Welcome to Alaska and good luck fishing.

Moose and crab??!!!!! Where's Homer Dave's at?????? what's his number???? Does he have take out??//

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

oh he will be along shortly... to post his infor...

and Dave? your welcome.... you know ANYTHING to support a guys endeavors.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Talking

Radfisher if you live off Diamond Ridge and work at the hospital, I heard you were coming. What kind of boat do you have? I'm always looking for a fishing partner. I keep me big boat in Homer and there is usually a open seat and always looking for a reason to go out. Send me a PM and we will have to meet for beer/coffee or what ever and talk about fishing.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Now you can change your location to Homer, Alaska. Welcome to the Greatland.

Hey, welcome to Homer! My wife and I made the move a llittle over a year ago and love it. I have done some fishing, always looking to do more. BTW the Gear Shed has a new name... Redden Marine if I'm not mistaken. Everyone still calls it the Gear Shed though.

Drop me a PM sometime.

Mountaintrekker

Quote Originally Posted by RadFisher View Post
    My wife and I made the move to Homer last week after driving a 26' U-haul towing a car, and my wife driving out pickup towing our boat. we encountered much snow and ice along the way, BUT WE MADE IT. I'm searching for any local or area fishing clubs, associations/organizations that a guy like me can join and get involved with and make new friends, learn to fish and boat the rivers and waters, and help protect and conserve our fish and rivers.

Thanks
    You're SOOOOO lucky. BTW I hate you. j/k

Why do you hate me monello. I had nothing to do with your bad luck.

Default Homer Dave's

We're headed to Kenai for Christmas... Where's Homer Dave's and any recommendations on a king charter out of Homer or thereabouts?

Default Boop

Look up a guy named Boop. The guys at the gear shed know how to get ahold of him. I don't know if he still does charters, but that guy whacks the winter kings. BTW, I just had one for dinner - caught yesterday - they are running good now. Supposed to be a half million return to the Columbia river this year and I think these guys are headed there. Good luck.

Boop doesn't charter anymore. i worked for him one of the last years he did, and i learned quite a bit.
    pete wedin of captain petes, daniel donitch of daniels guide service, and josh on the huntress are all fishing this winter, probably some others too, but that's a list to get you started.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Got hooked up with a guy named Keith Kalke of Ocean Hunter Charters. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for all the info though. Next time I'll wait for a reply before booking.