Thread: Cordova brown bear disarms hunter!

Default Cordova brown bear disarms hunter!

Wow, take a look at this:

http://thecordovatimes.com/article/0...ack_at_mud_bay

This sounds pretty scary. I bet this guy needed a changes of whites after the bear left and he realized he was alive.

Here I was thinking it was going to be the liberals that disarm us...maybe there are liberal bears too? The bear certainly "spread the love" around without killing the hunter. Maybe he believes in a class less society.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

The problem for deer hunters in bear country is that you have broken all the bear safety rules. You sneak around quietly, usually alone, sometimes with a packful of nice, fresh meat on your back. We suggest to deer hunters to try to avoid heavy brush along active fish streams and always stay alert for bears. Packing deer is better than dragging because you don't leave a scent trail for bears to follow," Crowley said. "Kill and pack one deer at a time so that you don't have to return to a carcass hours later. If a bear does get the drop on you and you can't get a shot off, do what Dan did and play dead. Usually they just want to make sure you're not a threat. For me, buying a $25 brown bear tag is pretty good insurance that I won't see one."

your head and knowledge of where you are at, with some simple bear sense will keep Most people out of trouble .... maybe we should have a defensive hunting class like they do for drivers...

if your really afraid of seeing a bear.. buy TWO tags
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

He will get his name in a book or magazine plus be able to read it. Very lucky man not to have got beat up worse.

This goes back to another tread on here a before. Thats why the my .44 is always on my hip when I'm in the woods just never know when she mite be needed. But I think i would have either pissed or sh.. my pants

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    This goes back to another tread on here a before. Thats why the my .44 is always on my hip when I'm in the woods just never know when she mite be needed. But I think i would have either pissed or sh.. my pants
    What? You don't carry bear spray or jingle bells??? I agree, I carry the 44 with me when I'm hunting in brownie's bedroom (as well as a spare change of fruit of the looms).

Default hunted hunter

I've always felt that if the bears were out to get us that we would be munched on alot more than we are. In other words, if they wanted to hunt us they would be very successful.

I don't think many of us are prepared for a quick jump, jump, munch!

I'm glad that guy is ok.

A friend of mine in Cordova knows this guy. He 's calling B.S. The guy told him he stuck the barrel down the bears throat up to the scope, and the bear pole vaulted over him, took a few swipes at him then ran off.

My wife knows both guys. I'll see what she can find out tonight.

I agree just buy a griz tag and if your luck is anything like mine as long as you have the tag in your pocket you will not see one.