Thread: New Top

Default New Top

Want to retop 16" Hewes river-runner. Any recommendation on a upholstery shop in the Anchorage area?

Buster's in Anchorage. If you wait for the boat show you'll get a 10% discount

Default Silver Streak

Silver Streak also does very nice work.

Default Howling Storm

Howling storm in Wasilla does some good work. They replaced the zippers, vinyl, and some snaps on my top last summer. Very reasonable prices too. Website: www.howlingstorm.com

Default down here in Homer

http://www.nomaralaska.com/boatshop.htm
    offers 10% off Till March
    Come on down get a great top and fish the Winter King Derby

http://www.homeralaska.org/winterkin...erby/index.htm

Default kevins aphlstry in chugiak

Hes an old grumpy guy, but does good work. Hes semi-retired, so I would check with him early. He really stands behind his work too. The above mentioned ones are good shops too, probably with busters being the most "famous" shop

Default Based on Price

I wanted a basic Bimini Top 8'wide x 10' long, I have the frame attached on my boat and have just used a blue tarp when it rains. So this year I thought I'd add a real top, which would be a replacement piece. I sent the drawing around to a couple place up here, got 2 answers out of 5 requests. Maybe those 3 where way to busy to give a rough quote. Now I never asked for anything other than what this drawing shows, which has nothing to do with zippers, side curtains. BUT
    S.S. came back with $1200-$1400, WOW, the other one had so many questions I gave up, the drawing attached is not that bad.
    So I had my daughter take it to a couple places in Washington and got a price of $500.
    Now there is a no brainer! I don't care if Better Boats & Floats thinks it's the prettiest thing ever made, I just want to extend the rain cover of the cabin, like my $10 blue tarp does.
    So I may hit these guys up here except S.S.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Silver Streak

As far as Silver Streak goes I paid about $1500 3 years ago for rear canvas on my 22ft Hewes. That was top, sides, plastic windows, zippers where I wanted them and it turned out great. Well worth it.

Go to Silver Streak you will be happy and I think that the price will be right. They had the boat show in Oct. and gave a 10% off. Go early they load up right after Christmas and you will have to wait.

Default Silver Streak

I used S.S this year to put a top on my boat. It's a fully enclosed top with the option of being a half top. Total bill came out to be 1400 bucks.

and here's the half top