Thread: BIG red FOX in the yard..

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Thumbs up BIG red FOX in the yard..

as i was getting all dressed up to do nothing today... i was looking across the plowed yard and thinking to my self

sure would be nice to see a big ol fox in the yard... and knowing the two flapper jawed dogs will keep them out with every thing else they bark off...

well few moments ago.. the wife yells at me... and sure nuff

flapper jaw 1 and 2 have yet to see the beasty wandering up the drive towards the house.....

so i dash off and grab my gilrs 223 and out the door... both dogs come in off the deck... and he is coming straight at me behind the mini van..

so then the wife has to come out too.. .and opens the door

that fox moved out about 20 yards out... as the door closes... as he turns i fire.....

AND I FREAKING MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i never miss... at 35 yards in a wide open bulldozed field...

i looked up as i squeezed i know i did..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default fox

Fox fever!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    i fire.....

Now thats funny
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post

i never miss... at 35 yards in a wide open bulldozed field...

i looked up as i squeezed i know i did..
    Putz!

Talking

12 ga, 12 ga 12 ga,
    Keep chanting until one appears! A 12 ga at the door is the very best home defense weapon of choice. Too bad, maybe he'll come back, they usually do.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Thats pretty funny.....Just shows you can't always shot straight So Vince how many times have you looked out the window looking for the fox with the smile on his face...

i have never seen as many foxes as i have this winter... so far i'm at 6 foxes.. almost ran over 3 so far..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

well he is back.. and as i grabbed the 223 again... i let him walk off as the top elivation adjuster fell on to the floor

i guess the BSA sweet 223 is not so sweet after all.. i would love to use hte 10/22 but the kids busted the rear sight off of it and i have not got around to fixing it yet.. i guess it is time... TIME for NEW SCOPES...

the 12 ga.. is here and loaded res...but yester day i was shooting off the deck past the mini van and over the bed of two pick ups...

imagin the grief she would give me
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

that bites dude.

Don't feel bad I shot 5 times at a fox today and missed all 4 times. At under a hundred yardsno less. They really start movin after the first shot though.

I missed one a 40 yards that I called in 2 weeks ago. It was the first calling I'd done for hte year. FOX FEVER..
    PC gag in place.

The only time I shoot one is when I need a new hat.

Other than that, use a trap.

12 gauge, gonna taking some sewing.

Default Don't feel bad vince...

Me and a bud were just about done with an excellent day of bird hunting bagged about 10 spruce hens... Then out comes a red fox. I grabbed my .243 out of the back of my pick up which I had already loaded( the last time I had gone out I was shovelling rounds in the magazine while a fox watched me laughing). I hadn't shot my ruger .243 in awhile and it has a 3 part safety... Anyhow long story short, I Bead up the fox, squeeze the trigger and nothing... I figure out the safety is still on and click it over.... the fox hears it and takes off running... Still havent gotten a better shot than that day...