Thread: Info...

Default Info...

I just heard that there is a Grouse farm @ Pt. McKenzie where you can blow 10 bucks for an hour's worth of shooting and you get to keep as many as you want... does anyone have any idea if this is true? If so, I would GREATLY appreciate the skinny on the location....

I forgot the name of the place there but the pheasents are like $15 for each bird. There is another place in Wasilla that has chuckers and pheasents for $25 a bird.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Falcon Ridge

Pt. Mackenzie is Falcon Ridge - they are out of birds for the year.

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/falconridge/

Default hmmm

And for $10 all you are going to get are dead birds that you have to throw in the air before you shoot them
    The thing about Falcon Ridge is its run as a club so you have to have a membeship with them or belong to one of the dog clubs that sponser events out there.
    The prices are different for quail, chuckar, & pheaseants but that is really irrelevant right now.

some day I might just have to do that even though shooting farm raised birds is kinda lame
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default Thanks

I knew it was too good to be true...

Come to think of it; shooting farm raised birds is kinda lame. It's nice getting the wild ones... fair chase!

Default Or...

If ya get lucky like I did, you can bust a Ringneck while out grouse hunting. Happened this year and really surprised me and my father. Saw the cock run across a trail, went in and he actually flushed behind me. I actually impressed myself with one of those back over the shoulder, whip around and take the shot as he was dodging through the trees. Reminded me of back home in Montana.
    Anyway, I figured he must have escaped from one of those farm hunt deals out there but I had never even known that they existed.

Oh, and while he was plumed like a standard Ringneck cock, his tail feathers were waaayyy shorter than normal. Nice white meat on the breast though.

I'm one of those that run gundogs out at Falcon Ridge.
    For those that are into training there dogs it's a great opportunity.
    Nicely layed out with natural field vegetation and hedge rows.
    You can't have a quality trained bird dog without birds.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    some day I might just have to do that even though shooting farm raised birds is kinda lame
    Who cares if it's lame. A pheasant and wild rice dinner or three, mitigates any lameness and worth the price for the birds.

Heh....One of my buds lives in Wasilla. Mebbe it's about time to plan a visit and a trip out to Pt. Mac.
    Now what ?