Thread: Cattleman's Carbine .44 Revolver

Default Cattleman's Carbine .44 Revolver

Ordered this about a week ago from cablea's taking out tomoorrow and going looking for some rabbits..
    Attached Images Attached Images

If I'm seeing your pic correctly, it looks like it has adjustable sights. That's the best kind of news. My only experience with a similar model was fixed sights and POI at 25 yards was about two rabbits off plumb. I'm betting you have a ball!

Of course, there's the same lesson waiting for you that I learned with my old double twelve: White rabbits on white snow with white smoke in front of them are pretty darned near invisible for followup shots! That's all part of the fun too, so enjoy!

It's pretty fun to shoot. shot great it good to about 20 yards. I got powder burner on the hand note to self don't hole barrel of gun infront of the Cylinder.

Default Cheap lesson

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    It's pretty fun to shoot. shot great it good to about 20 yards. I got powder burner on the hand note to self don't hole barrel of gun infront of the Cylinder.
    If you are holding the carbine in front of the cylinder and get a chain-fire you could loose that appendage. Enjoy the hunting.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Wink Cattleman's Carbine

I have one of these with a convertible cylinder. Watch the crescent butt plate!!! Ensure you have enough clothing or are wearing a pad. You will also encounter problems if you are well muscled...it won't fit your shoulder. They are a fun gun. Work-uo your loads...and sights. After some due diligence, you'll be able to hit a 2 lb coffee can at 100 yards. Have fun!

It don't fix my shoudler at all. I'm 5'11 230. It fun to shoot. I order a bunch extra cylinders takes awhile to reload. As far as loads I'm 30 grans pellets and round balls i can hit a pop can at 25 yards good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle One View Post
    I have one of these with a convertible cylinder. Watch the crescent butt plate!!! Ensure you have enough clothing or are wearing a pad. You will also encounter problems if you are well muscled...it won't fit your shoulder. They are a fun gun. Work-uo your loads...and sights. After some due diligence, you'll be able to hit a 2 lb coffee can at 100 yards. Have fun!

That's minute-of-rabbit-head accuracy for sure. Have a ball!