Thread: Kingfisher anchor chain deck fitting

Default Kingfisher anchor chain deck fitting

I've got a a 2008 2525 Kingfisher that I bought used this Spring. The anchor chain locker wasn't functional when I bought it, and I want to make functional. The chain locker drain doesn't go through the hull, which I'll have to resolve, and I will build up the bottom of the locker with the liquid rubber that a previous post mentioned (good idea to keep standing water out of the bottom of the locker).

I've never put an anchor chain fitting in the deck before, and would like fellow Kingfisher owners (or other boat owners too for that matter) to post pictures of their deck fitting and tell me if you installed it and how. Let me know if you'd change anything with the install or type of fitting you used.

Obviously, I want to get this installation done right the first time I do it!

Thanks!

Can you explain what an "anchor chain fitting" is, please?
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Are you talking about a "Deck Pipe" or a "Bow Roller".... I don't know what an anchor chain fitting is either.

Sorry guys.

I already have the bow roller for the anchor line, but I'm looking to cut a hole in the deck and install a pipe/fitting for the the anchor chain and line to feed into the anchor chain locker.

It's more money but it's worth it, I'd seal the anchor locker use it for spare line storage, beef up you bow and install a EZ anchor puller.
    ezanchorpuller.com/ -

Default Not much to it...

I've never had to put one in but I can't imagine there being much to it. I'd use a jig saw or sawzal. The flange on a deck pipe is usually fairly wide so there is room for error. I guess you could always make the hole a little bit small then bolt the deck pipe down with some marine sealent and clean up the hole with a dremel tool. I would think the hardest part would be picking the perfect location on the bow.

I have a 2825 (obviously) and I have a Lewmar windlass that has worked great over the last 6 years. It puts the chain and rode right into the locker, and is really easy to use. Just flip the switch! I think if I was going to try to put it in the locker by hand I'd install a hatch so I wasnt having to try to stuff it down a hole. Seems like that would be hard to do, especially if the weather was bad.

Just my 2c worth.

Default hawse pipe

I just cut a hole for a hawse pipe that has a spring loaded door that closes down. It has enough "crack" that anchor chain will slip through. A windlass would be nice etc, but you still need a hole of some sort for your chain and anchor rode to drop into. I can take a picture of my setup and email it to you if you like.

Thanks for the ideas so far, and any pictures posted would be great. Heathjohnson, I sent you a PM.

I'll probably be off the board for a week while I enjoy my Wife's birthday present to me.....tickets for my son and I down to Boise, ID (my parents and one brother live in towns around there) to watch the BSU Broncos play this Sat! Hopefully they'll continue their undefeated season and hold their position in the national ranking.

I look forward to reading any more ideas when I get back.

Captain T, very nice setup, and I sure would like to install that on my boat. But dang it, about $3k is a bit much right now. Sure is tempting. Maybe I should ask my wife to pull up the anchor once. Even recovering it using a buoy and having her pull it in might work. Yeah, right! That won't happen.