Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Kudo's

  1. #1

    Thumbs up Kudo's

    Was going to post this in the ATV forum, but most are probably switching over to here. If you know some ATV'ers that don't snowmachine, pass this bit of info on to them.

    Just want to take the time to publicly give Kudo's and a thank you to TrailBoss, a member on this forum. He worked with state and borough officials in re-opening a trail that a nubie to the area decided he would just close off. The trail is now back open, yet still somewhat physically disturbed, but I feel assured the locals will ultimately dress it up proper. I am going back to find some of TrailBoss' post's and rep him again for his effort. The least I can do.
    Thanks TrailBoss
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  2. #2
    Member Trail Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Willow AK.
    Posts
    605

    Default Still working on it!

    The State is going to make them put in a culvet next spring and after that we might have to put a load or two of gravel and smooth it out. This was a guy not wanting his drive used for a jump and all torn up. We will be keeping a close eye on it this spring .
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

  3. #3
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Boss View Post
    This was a guy not wanting his drive used for a jump and all torn up. .
    is there something wrong with this? it is a common problem up here. and upsets many home owners... drive ways are NOT jumps and using them as such is extremely dangerious... landing a sled or ATV into the grill or windshield or worse... on top of a child.


    i realize the complete story is not here. but i am seeing a lot more railroad ties laid along drives to slow down the ATVs.. and reduce the damage they are causing to home owners access..and vehicles by rutting out the entry point...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  4. #4

    Wink

    In this particular instance, the trail has been in for many years. All other driveways that have been put in across the trail, have been flat and accomodated the trail users. This guy decided that he would dig big deep holes on both sides of his new driveway and place logs across them. Forcing the ATV's and Snowmachines out into the road, to go around. Bottom line is, the guy damaged a trail and the road right of way. He was way out of line. His neighbors were not. It is on flat level ground, and could have been done right in the first place, as evidenced by the others that have done so. His actions only contributed to more problems. Who needs more problems?

    He actually created the "Jump", by digging the holes on either side. Had he left it flat, there would be no problems whatsoever. Some folks just like to make waves for others.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Some folks just like to make waves for others.

    Not, unlike this Forum............ Meant to be funny, at everyone in general, (accept ME).

  6. #6
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    In this particular instance, the trail has been in for many years. All other driveways that have been put in across the trail, have been flat and accomodated the trail users. This guy decided that he would dig big deep holes on both sides of his new driveway and place logs across them. Forcing the ATV's and Snowmachines out into the road, to go around. Bottom line is, the guy damaged a trail and the road right of way. He was way out of line. His neighbors were not. It is on flat level ground, and could have been done right in the first place, as evidenced by the others that have done so. His actions only contributed to more problems. Who needs more problems?

    He actually created the "Jump", by digging the holes on either side. Had he left it flat, there would be no problems whatsoever. Some folks just like to make waves for others.

    thanks for claifying that... kinda shoulda been there up front though EH?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  7. #7
    Member Trail Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Willow AK.
    Posts
    605

    Thumbs up It will get better!!!

    The guy had created a dangerest problem not knowing that it would him pay for someone that got hurt because of what he did. The state has inform him of the problem! And knowing this, I'll bet he will be working with the area to make it right.
    Mainly I was just keeping Akers up to date.
    Sorry to get anybody worked up!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •