Thread: Ingram Creek

Default Ingram Creek

Did a search through the forums and couldn't turn anything up. Just curious if anyone knows if there is anything in there worth making a guy stop and cast a few. When I drive by it on my way to the Kenai I always wonder if there's any fish in there. It's small but being connected to the ocean so close it's gotta make you wonder if there's any dollies that come in there in the fall. Anybody ever fished it? Also are any of the turnagain arm steams any good in the winter? It sucks driving all the way to the kenai but it's worth it when you get into some of those big dollies and trout
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

There is a run of pinks up Ingram, and I've heard murmurs of a handful of silvers, though I've never seen that myself. Since there's food in eggs and decomposing carcasses, I wouldn't be surprised to see dollies in there in the fall.

there are dollies in ingram creek, but not large, maybe 12-16 max! average probly under 10"....there are silvers that run it, but not many.....havent seen a whole lot there....mostly pinks....

Release Lake Trout

Right on, any of the other streams along the turnagain arm have any winter oportunities?
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

in early spring, or maybe right now if its not froze up, i would try fishing the confluences.....examples: california creek/ glacier creek (girdwood)...i would drive a little farther and try fishing either Hope or the confluence of canyon/sixmile creeks......

Release Lake Trout

I'd look for systems with lakes, dollies over winter in lakes, I wouldn't be supprised in turnagain arm dollies wintered in skilak, I bet a ton winter in portage, probably carmen lake, maybe some others. They move out in the spring with the smolt.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

do you suppose the char are finished spawning already? portage lake.....hmm i dont think ive ever heard of any fish being in there. i hear there are some big dollies to be found in carmen lake, but i dont think you can fish it.

Release Lake Trout