Thread: Garmin G2 Card

Question Garmin G2 Card

Does anyone know if you can make a backup copy of these cards? They're kinda spendy and I wouldn't want to lose it.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Doubt it, I’m sure they’re write protected…. But if you manage to make one I’ll take a copy.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

I was told if you were to try to make a copy it would kill the orig.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug from Anchorage View Post
    Does anyone know if you can make a backup copy of these cards? They're kinda spendy and I wouldn't want to lose it.
    Have you checked their website?
    I bought on last year and know what you mean. I think it was $300ish.

I checked into this in Sept and was told no, it is protected. My Garmin 545 went out and i lost everything and when i was talking to garmin i asked the same thing, there teck guy stated that you can not copy the card. There maybe some computor guys out there that maybe able to but i would hate to lose the chip if they broke it in the process.
    Good luck

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Thumbs down Kinda Figured

Seems to me, if Garmin would let you trade a failed card (registered) for the cost of the sd card, that would be easy enough. The g2 vision for SCentral is $275 give or take. You should be able to protect it from loss.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Default Map Source

I think you can copy to your PC maps or areas you pick out on the card. I had a area put on an SD card for me, worked fine but was only this area. The whole set up and process I thought was very complicated and expensive for what I would get. Was not as easy as copy & paste! So I watched and bought one from a guy who was moving out of state with his boat for $75, but I'm cheap