Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaska Member Hunting Videos

Default Alaska Member Hunting Videos

Same guidelines as usual:

Video/Links and short hunt descriptions only. - Please, if you want to congratulate a hunter or ask questions, do so in a seperate thread or via the PM system.

Alaskan hunts only - Please feel free to share your photos from other states/countries in the Out and About forum.

There are lots of options for viewing the videos. Embedding them in the thread is likely best but you can link to youtube, photobucket, or any other hosting site. Let's get this new collection started!
    Last edited by Brian M; 11-24-2009 at 14:58.

Default Just Goats

If you like looking at goats.

Here is some pretty cool up close and personal footage I shot while Mountain Goat Hunting. Nothing dies in this Video.

The 1st Mountain Goat is the one I ended up taking, but we had a bit of a record button problem when I actually shot the goat.

This is earlier in the day, when he is in a position where he would take a long fall if I had taken the shot.

Ones of these days I will not be able to do this. I hope to have footage like this and many others to enjoy a long time after I am done with the backpack
    Last edited by hunt_ak; 11-07-2009 at 19:32.

Default Alaska Moose And Caribou

Here is one from 2008
    Louis

2008 Brown Bear Hunt on Admiralty. Unfortunately I didn't get my shot on video, but I threaded the sow at less than 10 yards a couple hours after my brother got his bear from 25 yards. Can't wait for that 4 year time frame to be up!

If somebody would give me the tip to embed the video into the post, I would appreciate it.

Embedding video from youtube:

put the last part of the youtube link (everything after the equals sign)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDdpZPES3X0

In this case, bDdpZPES3X0. Put it between these:

"[youtube ]"x"[/youtube ]"(w/o the quotation marks)

You have to put it on one line and place the 'after the x text' where the x is above...
    Last edited by Brian M; 11-24-2009 at 14:57. Reason: making the [youtube] tags visible

Default Another Mountain Goat Hunting Video

Here is another Mountain Goat Video. We took two Big Billie’s on this trip. Great footage of JJ taking his goat. This guy walks right into the shot.
    Hadn't learned to secret to keeping a camera dry on Kodiak yet, so we had a little moisture problem when we took mine.

Hope you like it.
    Louis

Default Jerod

Hey!
    Cool footage. I checked them all out.
    Louis

Default McNeil River Bears

This one is pretty cool. Almost all bear footage
    Last edited by hunt_ak; 11-26-2009 at 09:04.

Default Calling All Cats

Heres a cat I called in the other day. Caught me by surprise.

Default Alaska Brown Bear 2008

This is from our 2008 Unit 9B Brown Bear Hunt. I made one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made on this trip. Late in the hunt I try making a little bear big and I just let it get to close. I yelled at it to run it off, but he came at us instead. 8 yards away, it stops and stands up, but by that time I am on the gun and I can only see hair in the scope.
    I paid the price for it though, I got home and I had drawn a Kodiak Island Karluk Lake Brown Bear tag after 15 years of putting in for it.
    I called F&G as soon as I saw the results, in hopes that they would draw someone for the tag.

All in all, I felt worse for shooting the bear than I did for losing the tag. As the old saying goes, if you think it is too small. It Is Too Small. I had been hunting way too long to be making these type of mistakes.

Louis
    Last edited by hunt_ak; 11-27-2009 at 16:18.

Since we aren't specifying 2009 here is a video all the way back from 2001 of me filming Hunt_AK shooting the #7 or #8 all time B&C grizz 5 miles behind our house. First bear hunt either of us had ever been in on. Dad was in Anchorage and less than impressed when we called him up saying we shot a bear without anyone around

Here is a caribou hunt from 2005 of me filming Hunt_AK shooting a 380 class 'bou with his bow.

Last edited by Alaska_Lanche; 12-28-2009 at 03:38.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Since we aren't specifying 2009 here is a video all the way back from 2001 of me filming Hunt_AK shooting the #7 or #8 all time B&C grizz 5 miles behind our house. First bear hunt either of us had ever been in on. Dad was in Anchorage and less than impressed when we called him up saying we shot a bear without anyone around

Right on. You guys have balls as big as grapefuits.
    Last edited by hunt_ak; 11-28-2009 at 18:13.
    It doesn't matter what you miss them with.

Hi there! Everyone kept asking to see proof of this hunt so I finally posted my famous sheep hunt video in which drop my drawers to mimic a sheep in order to get close enough for my bow shot! I had to condense over an hour of footage into 6 minutes! But it's still funny! Check it out! The link is posted on www.rebeccafrancis.com or I will try to link it here.

I had alot of private messages encouraging me to keep posting here, so I will try again. Hope you like it!
    Last edited by Brian M; 11-29-2009 at 21:33.

Great video, thanks for posting it. I have never seen someone use an arrow as a straw before, good idea!! Glad to see you let the negativity roll off your shoulder and continue to post here on the forum.

Default SE alaska blacktail buck battle!!!

Last edited by hunt_ak; 12-10-2009 at 19:10.

Default Finally

Ok, I know I said this awhile back. But here I finally got the fox video uploaded.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast