Thread: Size of Stove for a Cabin

Default Size of Stove for a Cabin

I have a two story 16x24 cabin which is roughly 750 sq feet. I have two stoves and need to decide which one to place in. The first is a the small stove a Timberline about 16" wide and 26" height (outside measurements) with some nice brick in it. The second is a a larger Earth stove, I don't have exact measurements but I'm guessing the box is twice the size, probably 28" wide and although the same height as the other stove there is more room in the fire box. I like the looks of the Timberline better as it looks like a better built (real heavy) stove but I wonder if I should install the larger stove. I will mostly use the cabin in the warmer months but I would like the option of using it some in the winter and the stove is the only source of heat in the cabin. Any thoughts would be appreciated, as has been the continued advise on the stove pipe on this thread.

Cabin near Sterling so Alaska mild weather.

Thanks

Default Habitat For Humanity

Anyone building a cabin should take a look at the materials that are available at the habitat for humanity recycle shop. They have real nice stoves, sinks,cabinets and building materials. Some of the stuff is new and can be purchased for very little. I even seen a big pile of stove pipe there a couple days ago. Also some real nice stainless sinks, caulking, faucets etc. Some of the materials are donated by the local business as dead stock.

743-8060
    5023 Cordova St
    Anchorage
    How stupid is it to be wasting tons of salmon and halibut as bycatch in the Bering Sea and then have the coastal villages hollaring they have no food? It's got to stop!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

put the larger earth stove in.. you will not regret it in the dead of winter. that one will also give a longer more even heat to your cabin.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Man I hate to do this, but I have to agree with Vince.

Really tho if it was me and just using it in the warmer months, try the smaller one and see how it works.

If its for all seasons, by far use the earth stove, can't go wrong.

Issue is I have most of the pipe for the smaller one, need more pipe for the large one. I'm going to put them both in the cabin and see how they look/fit and go from there.

Default Stove Pic

Here is a pic of the recently painted smaller stove.
    Attached Images Attached Images

get a blaze king king.. they are the best.
    Semper Fi!

I've gotten all the vinyl flooring and carpet for my cabin at the Habitat for Humanity store noted below. Lots of great stuff there that is inexpensive.

As for the stove pipe,there are a lot to choose from out there. I think it would depend on your budget.