Thread: yamaha Raptor vs. BRP DS

Default yamaha Raptor vs. BRP DS

i want your guy's opinion, dreamers or owners, would you get yamaha quad (yfz, raptor, banshee, ECT...) or a BRP quad? (DS, Renagade, basically can-am) becouse im thinking about buying a DS 450.

If you are an agressive driver the Yamaha will hold up better then the BRP. If you do some research (I did for 6 months) you will find the CanAms have a record of weak frames. They crack and warp a lot more then any other companies frames. When they do they are very expensive to repair. Just do the research. BRP's have great engines and drive trains but weak frames.

I'd rather see you buy a yfz450 than either of the two imo... unless your a big guy then a raptor would be a good choice.

Default yup

so its all yamaha then... what does yamaha compare to honda or sizuki or any other quad out there?

all the new sport quads are pretty much bad ass now-a-days.. but if you want to have the baddest machine on the block.. go for the polaris OUTLAW 525 IRS. powered by a KTM motor, its the fastest quad on the market.. and it will not get hung up on trail debris like a straight axle because of the independant rear suspension.

im not a big fan of polaris.. but after a littler research. the ktm motor mixed with polaris suspension had me sold.

in fact i have an 08 outlaw 525 irs up for sale.. they will run you 8k NEW mine has 20 hours on it and a set of mudlights out back.

i currently have a can-am renegade as well... and while the outlaw will walk my renegade in a straighline.. i am in need of a 4x4 for hunting season.

so the outlaw has to go as mama doesnt think i need 2 quads. hehehe

http://www.alaskamotorsports.com/for...ad.php?t=47325

sorry bout the shameful plug on a bad ass quad

Cool wow

you say 4800? thats a real good deal, if i hadn't dipped out on fishing this summer, i probably would of bought one. i would of had 7000 if i hadn't dipped, but i got 3000 because i wanted to go down states. right now i live in a village and i need a quad to get me from place to place quick.

if you can pony up $4950 ill ship via AK airlines to anywhere they fly out to the bush.

Cool yup

good one, i'll see what I can do... i dont think i'll get any real money to spend until next years fishing season. you ever clock the speed on that sucker? i checked on some reviews and the thinger said that the raptor 700 and the kawasaki something 700 had the advantage on the long run in speed. idk though. if you sell it to someone else before me, tell me please.