Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: canadian vote 164 to 137

Default canadian vote 164 to 137

Many of us canucks were celebrating last night, the private members that was brought forward by Candice Hoepner to abolish the long gun registry passed with a vote of 164 to 137 yesterday! It still has to go through the senate, but Harper has a majority there so it will slid through easy! Harper made a lot of friends yesterday as he told us from day one he would scap the registry and now he has!

Thumbs up

Viva la liberte!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Thumbs up

wow Yukon.... how about some news links or back ground????

good news we hope to come..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Dude

The news is terrific, but that would be Vive La Liberte. Viva is Spanish.

That's great Yukon. I know you guys are happy about that. Does that mean we can bring a long gun into Canada to hunt without all the red tape or is that still in effect?

Excellent news Yukoner!!!! I'm happy for my Canadian brothers!!!

Doc (Chuck)

I'll have to buy some Molson.

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    The news is terrific, but that would be Vive La Liberte. Viva is Spanish.
    Im guess my 'a' looked like an 'e'.

www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2184897
    Last edited by kingfisherktn; 11-05-2009 at 07:52. Reason: added site

Default bringing guns in

ragtop, yes when this stupid law is gone when you come hunting you wont have to register your gun, hence no $50 dollar fee and no red tape. plus the 8 million guns that are now registered (quite a number of those belong to americian hunters) the paperwork on them will be destroyed! Finially some common sense in our govt!!

I bet my relatives are rejoicing... of course some of them never complied anyway...
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Congrats,now just to remember where all the PVC pipes with your guns are burried.Remember lots of good folks comming to Haines and leaveing guns with friends or buying supplies to hide them.

One of the local womens transitions homes immediately condemned this and our territorial MPs voting in favour of it as promoting violence against women
    I'm still trying to figure out how these people equate responsible firearms ownership with violence against women, or anybody else for that matter.
    But i'm preaching to the converted.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    One of the local womens transitions homes immediately condemned this and our territorial MPs voting in favour of it as promoting violence against women
    I'm still trying to figure out how these people equate responsible firearms ownership with violence against women, or anybody else for that matter.
    But i'm preaching to the converted.
    It's like gazing into a boiling cauldron of bat droppings to figure that out.

Default Alllrrriigghht

You mean I can change my attitude about Canada now? We are close neighbors on two fronts and I had a bad taste in my mouth the few times I hunted in Ontario and had to pay to take a rifle across the border. And I certainly did not want to pay to cross when I do decide to drive to Alaska. This is good news for sure. Thanks

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Good News, Eh?

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    You mean I can change my attitude about Canada now? We are close neighbors on two fronts and I had a bad taste in my mouth the few times I hunted in Ontario and had to pay to take a rifle across the border. And I certainly did not want to pay to cross when I do decide to drive to Alaska. This is good news for sure. Thanks
    Well, at least you CAN bring firearms here, i can't take them into the US since "Homeland Security".
    We used to be able to take a firearm for bear protection when we went fishing in Haines, but no more.
    So tell me, what was/is your attitude about Canada? Maybe i'm misreading your post? I hope so
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Default Attitude

Well, at least you CAN bring firearms here, i can't take them into the US since "Homeland Security".
    We used to be able to take a firearm for bear protection when we went fishing in Haines, but no more.
    So tell me, what was/is your attitude about Canada? Maybe i'm misreading your post? I hope so
    Attitude was about the Canadian government and my opinion that they are anti-gun. I was unaware that you can't bring a gun into the US. Also, I can't, or not without alot of paperwork, bring a handgun into Canada. However I can fly over Canada and take a handgun into Alaska anytime.

Probably hasn't hurt the outfitters business with the current "charging to cross the border" but it may have made hunters look other places.

One thing, I am glad the laws have changed for you and the registration.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Default STUPID LAWS make some people think something is being done.

:
    WOW! That oughta stop a lot of Terrorism. Especially when combined with searching Old Ladies.

I would imagine there are a lot more people going hunting in Canada, from the US, than vise versa. ??????

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I don't know why you're getting the run around. Check again. My Canadian relatives bring long guns into the U.S. all the time. At worst you'll need to fill out an ATF Form 6, but right on it it says....
    No permit is required for a nonresident of the United States to bring firearms and ammunition into the United States for legitimate hunting or lawful sporting purposes, provided that the firearms and such ammunition as remains following such shooting activity are to be taken out the United States by such person upon conclusion of sporting activity.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

My attitude about Canada is the government is as anti gun as California's government or even more. However the folks all over Western Canada are great people like I find all over Alaska, California has some friendly people also but more than it's fair quota of jerks to.

As far as Canadians not being allowed to bring guns into the US any more I did not know that and will check it out. If it's so I am about to start a letter and email campaign in an attempt to get the US to allow gun reciprocity with Canada. Our countries and citizens are too closely intertwined to have our border keeping Canadians from bringing guns that are completely legal here.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

The east coast of Canada out votes the west just like some day soon Anchorage will out vote the rest of Alaska

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast