Thread: need to up grade

Question need to up grade

hi guys would like youre input on a good mid range bow i have a pse bow.
    had nothen but problems with this bow so would like to try a different
    brand.so any suggestions would be great.
    thanks

since you werent all that specific, I have a ton of longbows a recurves that'll keep ya going for awhile.

The new diamond bow are nice bows and not expensive.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Diamond, Kodiak Outdoors, Jennings

I just wrapped up a similar search last Saturday when I walked home with a new Kodiak Outdoors Bow Logic 34. My search was in the $400-500 (bare-bow) range. I too suggest you take a look at the Diamond's. I shot a few different ones last week that felt pretty good. The new '07 Diamonds are hitting the stores too, so look for good deal on an 06.

A buddy picked up a Jennings Strike out at Fletcher's a couple months ago and has good things to say about it. I haven't let any arrows fly with it, but it has a smooth draw and looks good.

Kodiak Outdoors is one of the newer companies on the market, but I've read alot of good things about them. The least shock and hand vibration of anything I shot. Sweet shooting bows. Time will tell how it holds up.

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

I just picked up a Bowtech Constitution.

Default BowTech

I have a BowTech Pro 40 Dually 40 (no longer made). As far a BowTech goes it is a wonderful bow. Extremely fast and accurate. The kickover on mine is tight, don't relax or it is gone. But I love it.

I don't know who is making the Diamond series for them but I have only read good reports about the so far. A friend of mine bought a Parker. I tried it last time there and was impressed for with the quality for the money. I only have 65% let-off and his 80% felt like nothing to hold. I do not know if Pope and Young has relaxed on the 65% let-off rule or not, that is why I got 65%.

Lots of good bows out there. Best to hold them and caress them a bit and decide which one turns you on. I have never held a Jennings that I liked, but that is me.
    "Never again shall one generation of Veterans abandon another".
    Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Diamond is Bowtech

from what I understand and I think Daveinthebush was eluding too... Bowtech bought Diamond a few years back.. Diamond is the single cam version of Bow tech bows... I own a Diamond liberty and have shot a Diamond Victory. They are both great bows.

I'm with Tradbow.
    This is a "To each his own" kind of thing, & not a right & wrong kind of thing, but the reason I shot longbows & recurves is because I like simplicity & don't want to worry about having "nothing but problems".
    Get a quality recurve or longbow (I prefer the longbow), find the right bracehight, nock hight, & a good carbon arrow & you have just about as problem free a set-up as a man can ask for. Change the string a month before moose season & keep the broken in string you took off in your fanny pack as a spair & you are set.
    When I'm doing my part & practicing regular I'm good to 35 ish yds although I like sub 30 yd shots.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Quote Originally Posted by WinMag View Post
    from what I understand and I think Daveinthebush was eluding too... Bowtech bought Diamond a few years back.. Diamond is the single cam version of Bow tech bows... I own a Diamond liberty and have shot a Diamond Victory. They are both great bows.
    Diamond is owned by bowtech..From the looks Dimond has some nice looking bows..(too small for me) but they look cool..

up wind if your looking for a mid price bow Dimond or parkers ..Reflex Martin Magnum has the Nirous cams is 35 .5 ata and will do 310 fps..Price is 453..

Thumbs up bow upgrade

i would like to say thanks for all the info going to anchorage this week
    sometime to pick one up let you guys know the one i get cant wait.

UP, no problem anytime.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK