Thread: MacLaren river question

Default MacLaren river question

Hey Riverheads, I am planning a trip down the MacLaren to the confluence with the Susitna and then back up the Sue to the highway. Has anyone done this trip before? How's the water on the rivers and are there any obstacles or hazards that I need to be aware of. I am looking to find some small streams and do a little flyfishing away for the crowds.
    Adison

Default maclaren

are you floating and do you have power to get back up the su you could maybe arrange for someone in an airboat to pick you up at the confluence

Default Floating

Yes, I was planning to float down the MacLaren and then drop the motor and power back up the Susitna using a 12' Zodiac with a 25hp outboard. I looked on Google Earth and it looks clear except for a couple of sections on the Susitna that look like shallow water with maybe some riffles in it. I was hoping someone on here had actually been on that stretch of river and could provide some first hand intel for me. I thought I had been forgotten until now...LOL! Does anyone know someone who's been on these rivers?
    Adison

I would contact MacLaren River Lodge.

http://www.maclarenlodge.com/

Did you ever find anything out?