Thread: Yamaha Grizzly Rims

Default Yamaha Grizzly Rims

I am in need of front and 2 rear or complete set of factory rims for a 2008 yamaha Grizz 700.. If you have a set and are lookign to get rid of them.. Shoot me a PM.. I have a few that have some rock dings..

Thanks,

Try shooting a pm to silvertipgriz here on the forums. Tell him Snyd sent ya...

I can help you out with a rear or front tire. I want to keep one as a spare, so let me if you want one of them. I am planning on buying a whole new set in a couple of months but you probably don't want to wait that long.

steve

Warning: The Grizzly 700 uses a different rim than the UTV and all the smaller Yamaha models. We found this out the hard way when we bought tires on rims and got them home and found that they didn't fit on the rear wheels. (The brakes set in deeper on the Grizz 700). Fortunately we were able to re-sell those and buy a set that did fit, but just be warned and get the measurements on your old ones and cross-check them against the set you are looking to buy. The guy we bought ours from said they came off a Yamaha 700 Grizz so he was either confused or dishonest- it would have been better if we'd had the measurements and checked them before buying although in the end we weren't out anything.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

I have full factor set from a 2008 Grizz 450 that I'm 90% sure are the same as the 700 - IRS, etc.

If you call the Yamaha shop and ask if they would work, we can talk about a fair price...

PM me if you'd like.

I am in no huge hurry.. 3 of the 4 factory rims have big dents in them form rocks.. their holding air, but would like to replace in case they decide to fail at the wrong time.. Like when I am way back somewhere.. I really dont want to gamble with other sizes.. If you have a honest 700 Yamaha Grizz, and got new tires and rims and are looking to get rid of your factory set.. shoot me a PM..

Thanks to all who have replied so far..

Hoytguy