Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F&G Customer Number.....????? Is lower gooooder???

Default F&G Customer Number.....????? Is lower gooooder???

So I just received my Fish & Game Customer Service Number (CSN) It is quite low, does that mean I am at the top of the "Bonus Point System List"..........? I got a CSN and you don't....... At least my "CSN" number is better than Greythorn3's number.........

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

two of the kids got a letter but not the rest of the family... all the more think they lost some of last winters draws

i am guessing it has to do with APPLICATION date as to when the letters come out...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    two of the kids got a letter but not the rest of the family... all the more think they lost some of last winters draws

i am guessing it has to do with APPLICATION date as to when the letters come out...
    Vince - You can find out if they got your drawing app from past years by doing the detailed application lookup. It will show each hunt you applied for and the result for each. If no hunts are listed, your app wasn't processed.

As for the letters, there's no rhyme or reason to it at all. As I've mentioned previously, my wife and I applied last year on the same date within 10 minutes of each other. I got a number and she did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post

No...those who are young at heart get there's first...........

Default ...

Yeah, my brother and father got numbers, yet I didn't. Every year, for the past 10 years, I apply for multiple permits (and check the detailed results to make sure that me not winning anything....again, was infact correct).

I was a bit concerned as well.

Then again, I have lots of furs sealed during trapping season and not ONCE have i ever got a "trapper's report" thingy in the mail. Lots of others around me get them, but never I.

This seems like just another reason these numbers this year dont' count for much. Because if I find out (along with many others i'm sure) that this year's numbers do count, and there is a bit of preference on how the numbers were doled out....I'M SUEING!
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

The numbers do not apply to this years drawings, according to the letter I got.

Alaskan, They say that you have to fill out the trapper questionnare in order to get the report sent to you....wait....I've filled out three years in a row and havent got a report either...never mind..

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    The numbers do not apply to this years drawings, according to the letter I got.

The letter I got said hunters with HIGH "CSN" or those without a "CSN" should not apply for permits till January 1'st 2010.......

You got the wrong letter, mine and everyone elses says the same thing but yours is different. Better throw it in the trash and wait for the real letter to come out.

Here's a breakdown, as explained to me, of the CSN. (Customer Service Number)

The first number is based upon prior application periods, and whether an applicant has applied without lapsing of periods. This number goes back only to the year 2000. Therefore an applicant who has put in for all the draw periods back to the year 2000 and has missed NONE will start with the number 1. One missed period and you get a 2. Two missed periods and you get a 3 and so on.

The second number has to do with missed or delinquent hunt reports. Therefore, if you're second number is a 0, you have not been notified of a missed hunt report or have not failed to file a missed hunt report back to the year 2000. A 1 denotes that a person has missed or failed to file hunt reports in the past and denotes the number of warnings sent to the applicant.

The third number identifies the gender of the applicant for tracking purposes only. Odd numbers are male and even numbers are female applicants. This number has me wondering if they award permits to females over males or vice-versa based upon the difficulty of the hunt associated with the permit.

The fourth number is the most important, as it establishes whether a hunter (applicant) has hunted past awarded permits. A high number is not good here and pretty much gets you least favorable lean when the permits are awarded. It means that you put in for permits and have no intent of hunting them once they are awarded. It keeps the non-hunters and anti-hunters from getting permits!

That's as far as we got in the conversation before the person who was explaining it to me had to go back to work screening past applications. So if you haven't got a number yet, they are still reviewing your past history with respect to the application process and your hunt reports.

So, basically I'm bored and just wanted to see if I could get anyone to foam at the mouth while reading this thread!

Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post

The first number is based upon prior application periods, and whether an applicant has applied without lapsing of periods. This number goes back only to the year 2000. Therefore an applicant who has put in for all the draw periods back to the year 2000 and has missed NONE will start with the number 1. One missed period and you get a 2. Two missed periods and you get a 3 and so on.

The second number has to do with missed or delinquent hunt reports. Therefore, if you're second number is a 0, you have not been notified of a missed hunt report or have not failed to file a missed hunt report back to the year 2000. A 1 denotes that a person has missed or failed to file hunt reports in the past and denotes the number of warnings sent to the applicant.

The third number identifies the gender of the applicant for tracking purposes only. Odd numbers are male and even numbers are female applicants. This number has me wondering if they award permits to females over males or vice-versa based upon the difficulty of the hunt associated with the permit.

The fourth number is the most important, as it establishes whether a hunter (applicant) has hunted past awarded permits. A high number is not good here and pretty much gets you least favorable lean when the permits are awarded. It means that you put in for permits and have no intent of hunting them once they are awarded. It keeps the non-hunters and anti-hunters from getting permits!

That's as far as we got in the conversation before the person who was explaining it to me had to go back to work screening past applications. So if you haven't got a number yet, they are still reviewing your past history with respect to the application process and your hunt reports.

So, basically I'm bored and just wanted to see if I could get anyone to foam at the mouth while reading this thread!

Taylor
    Wow that makes sense for me atleast for the first number is a 2 as I have not missed putting in for applications since spring of 2007. My 2nd number is 0 which is good as I try my darnest fill out my permit hunt reports. My third number is a 1 which seems correct the last time I check As for 4th number is where it gets confusing. I have only not hunted one draw permit and I have won quite a few of them, so I am not sure why its so high. Unless it counts sheep harvest permits and whatnot into that as well as I often pick up these permits prior to going out moose hunting just in case, but always say I didn't hunt it.

So it is my understanding that our CSNs will change as the years go by if they are based on what is mentioned above they seem like they could change yearly which could further confuse the matter.

Default So...

Let me see, I've missed 4 reports even though I've never drawn a permit and I apparently have a gender crisis. What else can go wrong?

My letter Say's: "Preferred Customer" right under the CSN.

Quote Originally Posted by sigabrt View Post
    Let me see, I've missed 4 reports even though I've never drawn a permit and I apparently have a gender crisis. What else can go wrong?
    You atleast are doing better than my dad. His number is only two digits so go figure that.

Taylor
    YUP, It worked!!

Quote Originally Posted by dkwarthog View Post
    YUP, It worked!!
    I want a refund on my rabies vaccine!!!!

Default Doesn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by sigabrt View Post
    Any tag has a hunt report that has to be filed. It probably pertains to all reports, not just draws.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Talking

'Fess up. How many of you have a treble hook in your mouth?

Man, I kill myself sometimes...

Too much fun. And on a pretty busy day considering Obama-nomics is in full swing!

Love you all,

Taylor

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Love you all,

Taylor

I think i need shots now.............

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

'Fess up. How many of you have a treble hook in your mouth?
    Not me---hence my tongue-in-cheek gender remark

Very creative on your part though....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast