Thread: RG868/869 Goat Hunt

Default RG868/869 Goat Hunt

Anyone hunt this area this past weekend? Just curious as to the conditions and sightings. Thinking of flying in this Friday and trying my luck.

hunt it. if i had not already shot my goat i would be out there right now. im curious as well about this location.
    NRA life Member JVJ

Default Well

I see a lot of folks looking at this post but no reply. Someone on here has to have been over to this area. Not looking for your favorite spot, we do have a plane that we are taking so we will do some scouting prior to picking a dranage to hunt. I'd just like to know the conditions.

Default Well

Heck, With all the information I got here it's hard to believe there are any goats letf in that areaLOL We're departing at lunch and with any luck I'll post pics of another white critter. If nothing else it'll be a nice weekend to be camping and taking in the outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by GAredneck View Post
    I see a lot of folks looking at this post but no reply. Someone on here has to have been over to this area. Not looking for your favorite spot, we do have a plane that we are taking so we will do some scouting prior to picking a dranage to hunt. I'd just like to know the conditions.
    I think a lot of people look in on this thread hoping to hear how the hunting is back in there or see if you got something. I'm guessing not too many people know how the conditions are. I was in 868 back in early September for the drawing season. Conditions were great, and there were lots of goats. My information is now two months old, though. I think if someone had some info for you, especially just on conditions and snow, they wouldn't be too withholding. In any case, sounds like you're going back anyway. Good luck! Let us know what you find.

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.