Thread: Phantom,Sjx,extreme shallow boats and the Yukon

Default Phantom,Sjx,extreme shallow boats and the Yukon

Im planning on the running the Yukon this fall with Dupont Spinner we are hoping to get a permit for DM830. I have a Sportjohn Extreme with 200 mecury sport jet. I know some of you with the same type boats have done this trip so here are some of my questions were you able to haul enough fuel, how much fuel did you use also how much oil. How many people did you have in your boat also how many moose. What type of spare parts IE spark plugs did you take. What type of fuel drums did you use. Any and all information would be great thanks again guys. Chris

Thinking of doing the same. Would love to hear input from people who have done it.

Default Good for runnig around

I have an XS myself and have been told by my neighbor, that has done this trip several times now, that our boats would be excelent for running around up there but getting there is the problem. Our boats can't carry enough fuel, gear plus moose. You would need another big boat to go along to carry the majority of the load. We drew three tags for the Koyukuk this yr and will be headed up minus the XS. We will use a 24 foot jet boat and a 26 foot Hews w/twin 115's. Both are heavey haulers and that's what you need for this trip.

Thanks for the info I didnt draw so plans may change.