Thread: Fletching or FOB swap?

Default Fletching or FOB swap?

I saw a thread like this on Archery talk and thought maybe we should start one here too.

I got a bunch of blazers laying around that I havent used. I need some new colors and I didnt want to add more to the collection. So what about swaping some fletchings? Thought you archers who shoot fobs might have the same situation.

I got green and white blazer vanes, looking for some white tiger stripe and red tiger stripe blazers.

Default I am a FOB convert

I was accumulating a pile of arrows with no fletchings. Some got ripped off with I was using a Whisker Biscuit, and some when I lost arrows in the snow.

I started seeing stuff about FOBs last year, and it triggered my interest. I ordered a tube, removed the WB and put the Rip Cord rest back on.

I shot the FOBs and my fletched arrows interchangably this last summer. I did note less wind drift with the FOB's. I am not anal enough about my bow shooting to note substantial differences out to 40 yards, other that on the wind drift. I haven't shot enough at longer distances to have the confidence I will reliably have a well placed arrow. That is something I will work on next spring/summer. However, I do understand the benefit of the FOB really kicks in on the shots out past 40 yards.

I have found FOB's work well, and I see no reason to go back to fletches arrows.

Good idea.

I think a guy should get a FOB for every blazer-vaned shaft that he has laying around!

Taylor

-[]------->

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

would some one tell me ...

what are BLAZERS???

and what are FLETCHES?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    would some one tell me ...

what are BLAZERS???

and what are FLETCHES?
    lol.....