Thread: Arctic Oven Group Buy

Default Arctic Oven Group Buy

Well Kind of.

I'm looking for someone who wants to buy an Arctic Oven on the same day as I do from Alaska Tent & Tarp.

Here's the deal: If two people get together and buy a couple of tents they will give you each a 10% discount on the tent package only (not including accessories). We DON'T have to pay together and you can even use a credit card. The main stipulation is we both need to purchase on the same day. One more important point and that is that the discount ONLY applies to tents they have in stock. They are stocking their EXTREME packages on all tent models and not the basic tent only. The EXTREME package is only about $150 more and includes windows and added high wind tie outs. Go to their website for more info and pricing.

http://www.alaskatent.com/products/t...rctic_oven.htm

I'm down in Sterling and have excuses to be in Anchorage in the 11/11 thru 11/18 date range for a day.
    Serious inquiries only, if you're not sold on this tent yet go in and take a look at it or search for info online before you contact me. PM me or E-mail and let me know if you're in.

I might be interested, but I'm going to wait and see if I win their raffle first. I'll probably need to wait until December before buying one if I don't win. If you can wait that long, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    I might be interested, but I'm going to wait and see if I win their raffle first. I'll probably need to wait until December before buying one if I don't win. If you can wait that long, let me know.
    What type of raffle are they conducting?
    Tennessee

Default Raffle

The raffle was for the united way. I think the last day to buy tickets was November 1st. They had some ads on craigslist. The tickets were $10 each or 6 for $50. The winner gets a AO10 extreme, valued at $1500 or so.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    The raffle was for the united way. I think the last day to buy tickets was November 1st. They had some ads on craigslist. The tickets were $10 each or 6 for $50. The winner gets a AO10 extreme, valued at $1500 or so.
    told me the 18th today while in the Fbks shop
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Maybe we could approach them with a true group buy and see if we could get a larger discount for 10 or more tents if we could get that much interest and, of course, have forum admin approval to conduct a group buy.

I haven't had good luck with the big group buys on here previously. The last one all fell apart, but.......if someone wants to work on it by all means have at it.
    I'm going to get mine now. I put an ad on Craigslist and I've got someone who says he wants to buy on the same day as me, not a done deal yet though.

I've seen the raffle and although it's a good cause I'm not really the lucky type, (except getting drawn for the farewell bison hunt)

If anyone else is interested, still get in touch with me, I'm sure they will continue to give the discount to anyone else joining in.

Did you decide when you are going to go up to Anchorage? I would consider getting one with you just not till December/January time....Let me know.

Thanks for the interest guys. It's a done deal. I bought mine today.

Thanks for looking,