Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C'mon now, we've all been there!

Default C'mon now, we've all been there!

Maybe not to this extent, but I've been there! Got Alaska_Lanche with the guts in the face while he was holding the leg on a caribou I shot, and on the fork/fork this year.....it was my turn

Last edited by Alaska_Lanche; 11-04-2009 at 10:06. Reason: Poorly worded

Just watched the video again and saw there was some language in it....so turn it down if you so desire....sorry

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i guess i have been lucky all these years... i have never hurked at that always wondered what the big deal was it is JUST grass.....that been chewed... hecksome places eat what is in the gut already... as a side dish. so it can't be that bad
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

HAHA ! Never been there or seen that before.

Default oh man....

How many hours and how much heat have to happen to do that?

(One Answer: too many, and too much.)

I have never seen that happen before.

Default Hahaha

Oh man that was funny!!! I had a small taste of caribou guts this fall when I knicked a gut a bit and a small amount of "stuff" sprayed over my face...

BTW... caribou meat tastes MUCH better than caribou cud!!!

too funny

thanks for sharing....

That was pretty funny right there! Why would start your first cut down low with an animal in that position? But regardless, it provided us with some good humor!

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    How many hours and how much heat have to happen to do that?

(One Answer: too many, and too much.)

I have never seen that happen before.
    It doesn't take all that long sometimes. I have seeen it happen several times with deer and elk, mostly on bow kills where the tracking job has taken an hour or so.

I guess it might happen if the critter needed to cut one right before he was shot too!

hahah.

Dressing a bou this fall. Thing was so FAT that the havalon just barely.. very barely.. nicked the belly and BOOOM guts came flying out all over the boots and legs.

Smile Salad

Good stuff, the boys were'nt to impressed though. They got to grow up a little to understand the best parts!!

Thumbs up

That was good...the wife even had a good laugh, then "does that really happen?" "Yep, if you aren't careful and cut a hole in the wrong place..."

I've had it happen a time or two with moose...usually when gutting one in the dark with a very poor light...

Default Caribou...

First of all, I see where they got the idea for several scenes out of The Exorcist...

Never got an elk, but I could see it happening on caribou. I was really careful in gutting mine. The stomach practically jumped out as I was making a hole in the abdominal wall, using extreme caution. I had to jam it out of the way with my fingers and make a little path for the tip of my knife between my index and middle fingers. That actually works pretty well, if you can keep from cutting yourself. Took a while, but I think it was time well spent. Luckily, I did not puncture the stomach and was spared that nice green jettison.

The caribou swelled up fast. He didn't go more than 40 yds after being shot, and we got right on him. In just a few minutes, you could see his belly was swelling big time. I hear caribou can be notorious for this.

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

gotta love the wyoming knife. I don't always use it, but a nice quick zip and no problems with hitting the nasty stuff. And too boot it fits in your back pocket if you want to carry it there

anyone else use one?

Just.....wow. I've nicked the paunch before but never got a wapiti car wash like that!

I've heard good things about Wyoming knives and gut hook knives but never tried one. If I ever have that kind of eruption on me I'm sure I will try a gut hook

Quote Originally Posted by rugger View Post
    gotta love the wyoming knife. I don't always use it, but a nice quick zip and no problems with hitting the nasty stuff. And too boot it fits in your back pocket if you want to carry it there

anyone else use one?

Oh man that would suck!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt AK
    Alaska_Lanche is a much better hunter than me
    A lot of threads, I hold my cursor over them to see what they may be about and it shows the first sentence or parts thereof...and sheesh if I were Luke I'd ask that you rephrase that <grin>.
    Last edited by Alaska_Lanche; 11-04-2009 at 10:07. Reason: Poorly worded by my bro

There ya go Mark. Some might say abuse of power, but you are right that was just worded ALL WRONG!!!

Default Too funny...

Uh, nice change there Luke!

Talking

Ha. Next to man, Caribou and Sheep seem to be the fastest Critters to Bloat. Vey funny indeed.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default Roflmao

I would have been chasing the guy who jumped on the belly just off camera range!
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast