Thread: used skate ski's

Default used skate ski's

Where is a good place to buy used skate ski equiptment in Anchorage.

thanks

At the ski swaps. Unfortunately, most of those have passed (Oct. and Nov. are the hot times for swaps). At this point I would go into REI and AMH and look at their community flyer boards. There isn't a good retail source for used skis - yeah, Play it Again has some, but their prices aren't very good for the quality of gear that you get. You might also want to try craigslist.org.

Good luck.

-Brian

(Incidentally, what size are you looking for? I might be looking to upgrade my skis, and my old ones are still in great shape.)

Not sure on the size I need to talk to people that know how to size them to the person. I am looking for some for my seven year old also. thanks

Probably the best thing you can do is go into Barney's or AMH and have them size you out for skis. Every ski is a little different due to stiffness and flex pattern, but they can at least give you a 10cm +/- range to look at as far as size. It will also give you a better idea of new prices so that you can figure out what a reasonable deal would be on used gear.

-Brian

Thanks for the help.