Thread: Gimpy the Spruce Grouse

Default Gimpy the Spruce Grouse

I found this grouse hobbling along in Kinkaid Park. His left leg looked to have been broken at the joint above the foot. It was healed but did not allow him to stand upright, at least on that leg. I have seen that same injury, on the same leg (left), on a Downy Woodpecker and a Magpie this year. Makes one wonder......

Nice images man, thanks for sharing. I find #2 particularly interesting.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

so did you cook it and eat it or what? cant let it live a life horribly disfuigured like that.
    Semper Fi!

Default Nice pics

Nice pics!!
    You have to get somebody to show Lori how to use her camera so she take pictures that good.

Thumbs up +1 Greythorn3

if I could...LOL! those were my exact thoughts...

Wink Gimpy

Hey guys,

Dan, Most that have seen these three images agree with you. I however like the "sitting in tall clover" photo (number 1). What do I know!?

Greythorn3, Though I also thought it my moral duty to put the bird out of his pain, my wife (who usually does my thinking) reminded me that others with far greater physical/social/mental challenges had managed to change the world for the better. She reminded me that the Hunchback of Notre Dame had made a great documentary about himself in which he had explained his lovability, that Ronald Reagan had managed to separate himself from the social stigma called Hollywood to become our greatest President of this past century, and that the Three Stooges made millions by being, well, stooges. Anyway, she thought that I should should immediately splint Gimp's leg while she dialed 911. Unfortunately while I was rummaging about in my pack for two popsicle sticks supper walked off into the woods, while the wife ran the cell phone out of juice berating ADF&G about the lack of health care provided the woodland creatures. Given that she was crawling ADF&G's backside rather than mine I recharged the battery for her so she could continue her verbal thrashing of the sap on the other end of the phone throughout that evening (hey if she's yelling at ADF&G she's not yelling at me.....I call that the survival of the fittest). So no, I did not kill and eat the bird. I had pork chops for supper!

Travis, all Lori has to do to take good photos is do what I do......Spray and pray! I got about 10 good photos out of 856! Not bad by my standards, not bad at all. Your probably right however; we need help. Maybe a local who knows his way around a camera would teach a few classes. How about it Eddie? Floyd? What'cha' doing this winter!?

Mr. GoGoalie, see my response to Greythorn3. It's a waste of everyone's time but it's the best waste of time I could come up with on short notice!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tracey Harmon View Post
    Hey guys,

Dan, Most that have seen these three images agree with you. I however like the "sitting in tall clover" photo (number 1). What do I know!?

Greythorn3, Though I also thought it my moral duty to put the bird out of his pain, my wife (who usually does my thinking) reminded me that others with far greater physical/social/mental challenges had managed to change the world for the better. She reminded me that the Hunchback of Notre Dame had made a great documentary about himself in which he had explained his lovability, that Ronald Reagan had managed to separate himself from the social stigma called Hollywood to become our greatest President of this past century, and that the Three Stooges made millions by being, well, stooges. Anyway, she thought that I should should immediately splint Gimp's leg while she dialed 911. Unfortunately while I was rummaging about in my pack for two popsicle sticks supper walked off into the woods, while the wife ran the cell phone out of juice berating ADF&G about the lack of health care provided the woodland creatures. Given that she was crawling ADF&G's backside rather than mine I recharged the battery for her so she could continue her verbal thrashing of the sap on the other end of the phone throughout that evening (hey if she's yelling at ADF&G she's not yelling at me.....I call that the survival of the fittest). So no, I did not kill and eat the bird. I had pork chops for supper!

Travis, all Lori has to do to take good photos is do what I do......Spray and pray! I got about 10 good photos out of 856! Not bad by my standards, not bad at all. Your probably right however; we need help. Maybe a local who knows his way around a camera would teach a few classes. How about it Eddie? Floyd? What'cha' doing this winter!?

Mr. GoGoalie, see my response to Greythorn3. It's a waste of everyone's time but it's the best waste of time I could come up with on short notice!

Good one!
    Semper Fi!

You are a funny man, Tracey.

I don't care who you are ...that's some funny stuff!

Really nice pics, Tracy!!!
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"