Thread: Black bear hide FREE

Default Black bear hide FREE

I beleive I am not going to use. Talked myself out of another bear mount. Did a hack job on the bear thinking I would just do a head/neck mount. Has a white patch on the chest. Hair is thin in some spots. Would be good for leather. Cut the claws off too, will try and do something with those sometime.

Also have the skull, 16"+ Otherwise will throw it away since all we really hunt them for is the meat. Just thought I would see if someone wanted or needed a hide for whatever reason. I assume it is legal to give away or do a transfer. Came from unit 7. Hide and skull have the sealing bands.

Originally Anchor Point, AK but in Kodiak now!

Default just a few questions

is the hide tanned and how well? Also how bad of a hack job was it? Did you process the skull already? I may be interested. Pm Me

Rob

I'll take it off your hands if you want. I could give it to my taxidermist to use for parts or repairs. And if he doesnt want it Mabe my little will take it. Either way it'll be used for something not thrown away.Just a thought for ya. Anyhow pretty cool thing you askig to give it away rather than chucking it. Ive seen guys come back from hunting spring bear and drive right to the dump and throw the hide away. All they wanted was the meat. Talk to you later Daniel

Default not tanned

It is just how it came off the bear. Not fleshed or anything. By hack job I mean I didn't do even cuts up the arms or legs, pretty close I think but knowing it was not gonna get rugged, I didn't take to much care, except around the head and chest.

Skull is not boiled or anything either, just how it came out of the hide.

There is about a 8" tear along the ribs, where the bullet entered! .375 ruger at @20 yards!

Bear hide has been in the freezer, no salt, just how our taxi likes them. Would be good for a practice head mount for someone, a hat where the head is on top, pic of the bear is 2009 pic forum, second page I think.

If you still have the skull, I'll take it and clean it up for the school next door to me.

Default I would take it too, if you still have it

I wouldn't mind taking it too. I have done some home tanning of small game, and I'm waiting to get a big game hide to tan that wouldn't break my heart to mess up. I would even give you the hid back if you wanted it, but would keep it if you didn't. I would just like to get the experience tanning. Let me know. If you've already passed it along, no worries.

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

skull might be taken, a guy pmed this morning about it, just sent a reply. Will let the first guy know about it on this thread if the guy does not take it.

For the hide, I don't want to have to ship it, a pain I think since it is not tanned. So I guess an Anchorage resident has first dibs.

Gr is for greg; If you do leather out of it I would take some, if just tan the hide, might still be interested in some, but would give you preference. Head and neck is fine and would make a good mount or fur hat like you see in the fur shops.

Default Dibs??

Sent PM with contact info...
    My signature is awesome.

skull is gone and hide will be picked up on monday. thanks guys.

Default Call me I can use it!!

I p/m youa minute ago please call me if its still available, I can pick it up tommorow.