Thread: ANC Gunsmith recommendation to secure bolt handle on MP40?

Default ANC Gunsmith recommendation to secure bolt handle on MP40?

My bolt handle is loosening up on my firearm. I need it brazed, soldered, or whatever they do to secure it. I am visiting Anchorage for a few days next week. Any recommendations as to which smith could competently repair my bolt while I am in town? Or am I dreaming?
    Last edited by dimrod; 11-02-2009 at 19:19. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by dimrod View Post
    My bolt handle is loosening up on my firearm. I need it brazed, soldered, or whatever they do to secure it. I am visiting ANC for a few days next week. Any recommendations as to which smith could compently repair my bolt while I am in town? Or am I dreaming?
    I had same day service on a trip to Anchorage a couple of weeks ago by Wild West Guns. I sent a PM to Wildalaska (Ken) and told him what I wanted. We shared a few PMs and had the details worked out. I took it in as they opened on Monday morning and he expected it done no later than Wednesday when I was to fly back to DLG. He called later that same afternoon and said he bumped it to the top of the pile and had it ready to go. I drove over and picked it up, they had it for maybe 6-7 hours. The work they completed is exactly what I hoped for and the service was absolutely top notch. My advice is send him a PM and see what he says.

MP40? Class 3?

Yes, I have paperwork. I only need to bring in the bolt with the bolt handle. It's just parts at that point. I sent you a PM.

ok i JUST ANSWERED YOUR pm, It would be easier for us just to have the bolt, please have a copy of your stamp anyway