Thread: South Central Lake Ice

Default South Central Lake Ice

As of 11/2 @ 1800, ice at Mirror lake is 2 1/4" 30 feet from shore. Temps held steady from 2300 11/1 till 0930 11/2 @ 10F with temps rising to 20F by 0930 today. This is CLEAR ice. Strong as you can get. ///// 75' out from the launch is a spring, with that is a dark discoloration that marks a thin area, same as always.///// Just a few more days!

There was about 2" here at Lalen lake this morning, but its a really shallow lake, so any deeper lakes may not have much, if any.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Thumbs up

Now is a very good time to locate the warm spots in the lakes. After it freezes up good enough, go back to those exact spots and fish.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default big lake ice?

Has anyone checked the ice on big lake or Long Lake by chance? I am moving on December third and would love to get a few more trips before I go. Do you think Big Lake will be drivable by then?
    "A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine." Marley and Me

I think Big Lake will be froze up enough by then, and if not, there will be plenty of other lakes that are.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Delong Lake 6-8" of ice.

Good biting, today at noon, on shrimp and corn.