Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bunnies near hope or tunigain pass?

Default bunnies near hope or tunigain pass?

anyone had any luck hunting bunnies near hope or turnigain pass? was going to be in the area and thought it might be a good location.

I checked the regs and it seems to be in area 7 with no closed season and no bag limits. someone can correct me if I am wrong.

thanks

Bunny Wabbits everywhere, along the Hope Road.

Default Tunigain Pass:

I that where you play the same song over and over?

Bunny Wabbits, and look for coyotes on the tide flats along the arm in the early AM (first light) scavenging. Still a few bears out. The wabbits are about 60% white.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Bunny Wabbits, and look for coyotes on the tide flats along the arm in the early AM (first light) scavenging.
    Hmmm...now that's interesting. I never considered hunting coyotes down your way, but now you've got me thinking. If I made the drive down there and sat out on one of those rocky points about 5 miles short of Hope, what do you think my realistic chances would be of seeing a coyote? Should I use calls, or just sit and watch for scavengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hmmm...now that's interesting. I never considered hunting coyotes down your way, but now you've got me thinking. If I made the drive down there and sat out on one of those rocky points about 5 miles short of Hope, what do you think my realistic chances would be of seeing a coyote? Should I use calls, or just sit and watch for scavengers?

The coyotes in the Hope area mostly eat out of the dumpsters at the solid waste transfer site, and they eat "Fido's" dog food, and sometimes "Fido". There is a gully that runs from the Dumpsters down to the Beach along Turnagain Arm, this gully is their main runway between what washes up on the beach (Dead fish, birds, seals, Bird eggs, etc.) and the dumpsters. This would be good trapping area, if hunting I would be discrete, and maybe use a .22LR and if asked, would state that I was not hunting per'say, but just out for a walk.
    Mostly I see coyotes on the beach south of Girdwood to Ingram Creek, but only at first light. Brian, to answer your question, I rarely see coyotes away from Hope on the Hope Road. I think they like the easy food found near humans. What is interesting is that there are two poultry farms in Sunrise, AK on the Hope Road and yet the coyotes are not seen there. I have no idea why. I don't know anything about predator calling, but think it would work great, at dusk or dawn.

I too am VERY interested. If my hunting buddy for Saturday falls through, I was going to hit up the Hope road. Very interesting.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Plenty of rabbits around that area. Put on your boots and go find em. It will not be a wasted trip.
    "A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine." Marley and Me

I can confirm the presence of hares on the Hope road. Went for a drive out there yesterday and found 5 to put in the freezer.

Default their everywhere

Wabbits are everywhere.. all around the town, in and around the transfer station and most were seen at mile marker 6-7 onand off the Hope road..

Get out their and kill some rabbits..

Just kidding, these Wabbits were taken 3 hours north of Palmer..

Hoytguy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Talking Most Likely

Haven't been down that way but I would imagine there is a lot. So far the hare population is way up. So get out there and shoot some GOOD LUCK

Fishonaustyn
    Early to bed
    Early to Rise
    Fish all day
    Make up lies

Got skunked on the Hope road yesterday, looks like lots of people tracks in there and the hares we did see were very skittish.

Saw three coyotes yesterday in Hope, AK. at first light.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Saw three coyotes yesterday in Hope, AK. at first light.
    Out on the beach again? By the transfer station?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Out on the beach again? By the transfer station?

In the field behind the transfer site. About 60 yards.

At first light.....

Default Hope Rabbit Hunting

Has anyone been rabbit hunting in hope lately? I was thinking of going this weekend and I was wondering how it was?

Wonder why there were so many people tracks,,just a thought..word of the internet.
    gee any more hot spots...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Fish_57 View Post
    Has anyone been rabbit hunting in hope lately? I was thinking of going this weekend and I was wondering how it was?
    I think most of Anchorage has been hunting in Hope. There's rabbits but they have been slaughtered. Prolly just enough to seed the area for next year.

Is that why there are tracks everywhere, and the only bunnies you see are flashes of white through the thickets stuff up ahead a ways?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast