Thread: Kifaru sleeping bags

Default Kifaru sleeping bags

Does anyone have any experience with the Kifaru bags, especially the Slick Bag? I'm looking at one for NWT sheep (often very rainy) and general Colorado big game. Interested b/c the 0 degree bag (I sleep cold) seems about the same weight and compressed size as other 20 degree rated bags FWIW. Not surprisingly, they're well thought of over at the Kifaru forum but I haven't seen any comparisons with the Wiggys, North Face, Big Agnes or other synthetic bags. Thx.

Default Kifaru Sleeping Bag

Probably the best piece of kit I have purchased in the last few years. Have the 0 degree MOB and have used it in temps down to the low 20s and have had to leave the bag open as to not get too warm.

Alot of money but worth every penny.

Also recommend you get the kifaru stuff sack, it is the best design stuff sack I have used.

-AK

Quote Originally Posted by duct tape View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the Kifaru bags, especially the Slick Bag? I'm looking at one for NWT sheep (often very rainy) and general Colorado big game. Interested b/c the 0 degree bag (I sleep cold) seems about the same weight and compressed size as other 20 degree rated bags FWIW. Not surprisingly, they're well thought of over at the Kifaru forum but I haven't seen any comparisons with the Wiggys, North Face, Big Agnes or other synthetic bags. Thx.
    And you won't either as there is no love less between them. Have you tried layering while trying to sleep at night? I use to sleep in shorts and a t shirt but got tired of sticking to my bag so I went to wearing poly pro bottoms and tops, Smartwool would work also.
    With that being said, I don't see how the MOB can be an effective sleeping system with all those zippers and who wants to wear a sleeping bag as outter wear? Strange.

IMO, you can do better for less money with some of the other bags. At close to $400 for the 0 degree bag you can certainly get just as good a bag if not better than the Slick. If you want to learn a few things about sleeping bags, talk to Marc Taylor at Wiggy's-Alaska!, he can give you all the info you need for you to make an informed decision.

Default Kifaru Sleeping Bag

Different strokes for different folks.

I like the MOB b/c I sleep warm and have several options for venting. Without a doubt, the slick bag or another make can be had lighter and or compress smaller, but that is the beauty of having all these great products.

Compare what you want or need in a product and buy which you think is best. All have pro's and cons.

I have these military canvase sleeping bags and they need washed i have no idea how to wash them or if they need to go to a dry cleaner or not? the tags are faded please help thanks.