Thread: who does block heaters?

Question who does block heaters?

who does block heaters in fairbanks? i have a 2007 ski doo tundra 800.
    since it's all electronic, and it sits out all winter, i'd like to be able to plug it in before it gets too far below zero.

You could put it in yourself, or just take it to any snowmachine shop.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Default snowmachine shops

.....are way to high in $/hr. i know compeaus will do it.
    i was looking for a recommendation for something much more reasonable from forum members.
    thanx in advance for any ideas/suggestions.

Can a person still buy the magnet ones, we used them on tractors and wheat truck in Montana worked good but I imagine they were too unsafe to continue to sell (we never had any issues with them).

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    who does block heaters in fairbanks? i have a 2007 ski doo tundra 800.
    since it's all electronic, and it sits out all winter, i'd like to be able to plug it in before it gets too far below zero.
    I don't know about block heaters but you can get battery heat pads and oil pan heat pads from US Bearings and Drives out on Van Horn Drive. US Bearings Anchorage location on Int'l Airport Rd also sells them, for those that are in Anchorage. They aren't magnetic, you adhere them with high temp RTV silicon.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

I saw a magnet heater at Fred Meyer for around $40. I bet if you have a cover for your machine it would keep some of the heat in while you run a magnet or battery heater also.

Here's the same one I found at Fed Meyer. It puts out a lot of heat and burns through a lot of watts. I would not run this all of the time. If you want something to run all of the time I would get a 55 watt batter pad heater. You can get them at schucks or Napa for like $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Kats-1153-Hand.../dp/B000BOABS6
    That's what she said...

Today seemed like a good day to jump start the big V-800 after it's sitting for 6 1/2 months, I just assumed the battery would be dead. Touched the starter, and varoooom. Me Happy.....need snow.....

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    .....are way to high in $/hr. i know compeaus will do it.
    i was looking for a recommendation for something much more reasonable from forum members.
    thanx in advance for any ideas/suggestions.
    Ok, go here:

http://www.hiperf.com/cgi-bin/sh0000...100#a336_2d100

You have to scroll down to find it near the bottom, it is a small engine block heater that functions exactly like the tank-type heaters. I put one on my XCR-800 and it is the bomb.

All you do is follow the instructions, which are very well written, and you are good to go. Should take only 15 minutes or so.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...