Thread: Interesting canoes

Default Interesting canoes

Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com

Default Panga

The last one looks like a panga style boat.

Default warm water boats

I have ridden in river panga's many times and spent 3 days in one on the Orinoco river in Venezuela.. and they are really good for those places, but they are warm water boats with usually shallow sides, I had water spraying me most of the time as I traveled on the south american river under power.. this is not something we can accept her in Alaska with cold water and different usage..
    maybe raise the sides up 3 or 4 inches and figure a way to keep the spray out and they would work pretty good, other than rocky shorelines and rocky bottom rivers ..
    Just my ideas anyway..
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

The Mexicans have continued to modify the panga as outboards grew in power......The pangas now used for saltwater fishing on the Baja are much wider and the spray is minimal....still they travel well with minimal horsepower......A Mexican friend uses a 50 Honda on his 22 footer.

There is a very similar hull made in Fairbanks and if I was living on the Yukon River, I would be interested in owning one.

When I was growing up on the Yukon our boat was 27 feet long and I think my Dad had a 22 hp Johnson on it. This boat was no more than 3 feet wide on the bottom. It was made out of spruce planks. I was pretty young and didn't pay much attention but I bet some old ruins of those boats are still out there somewhere.
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com

Default Aren't the

middle (Luminous whatever) ones called pirougues down on the Gulf coast? I have never seen anything but pics but if not the same, a very similar design.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Vern, I'd be interested in seeing this fairbanks boat if you have a connection?