Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Wrangells Goat Hunt Report

  1. #1
    Member Chisana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska
    Posts
    1,439

    Default Wrangells Goat Hunt Report

    I may be pushing it a little here by linking to another forum, but I found this Wrangell Mountains goat hunt report posted on the Accurate Reloading forum to be quite good. The hunter was guided by our own Jake and it looks like a quality hunt. I think members here who may not be on Accurate Reloading will enjoy the report.

    On a related note I am on Accurate Reloading quite a bit and have found it to be a good forum. I'm mostly on the Gunsmithing and Alaska Hunting subforums.

    http://forums.accuratereloading.com/...3/m/8781059811

  2. #2
    Member ret25yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Unit 13
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    yup good write up...ive seen the pictures of that goat ..couldve copied and pasted the hunt..

    If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

  3. #3
    Member Chisana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Yeah, maybe jake already posted pics on here. Anyway I thought the report was good enough to link to.

  4. #4
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chisana View Post
    Yeah, maybe jake already posted pics on here. Anyway I thought the report was good enough to link to.
    Yep, Jake posted the picture of him with the goat a week or so ago along with one or two other pictures of the area. It was a good hunt report to read, though, so thanks for sharing. The hunter needs to learn to smile, though. He's got almost a scowl in most of those pictures - you wouldn't know that he's on the hunt of a lifetime.

  5. #5
    Member Chisana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    The hunter needs to learn to smile, though. He's got almost a scowl in most of those pictures - you wouldn't know that he's on the hunt of a lifetime.
    I agree entirely. Too many guys are afraid to smile in their hunt pics. Personally I can barely contain myself at that point!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Soldotna
    Posts
    1,131

    Smile

    Wow, talk about the need for ice climbing equipment. Good thing the goat fell cause climbing down the ice and snow with a goat on your back would have been a pucker. Falling on those snow and ice covered rocks would sure ring your bell. Maybe they aren’t smiling in the pictures because they are still numb with fear from the climb down as they keep telling themselves “never again….” NIce goat though!
    “I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. “ Fred Bear

  7. #7

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Yep, Jake posted the picture of him with the goat a week or so ago along with one or two other pictures of the area. It was a good hunt report to read, though, so thanks for sharing. The hunter needs to learn to smile, though. He's got almost a scowl in most of those pictures - you wouldn't know that he's on the hunt of a lifetime.
    I think they do that Down in the Mouth Look, thinking it shows respect for the animal they killed. Some I've noticed even jerk a tear or two.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •