Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fly swap

Default Fly swap

Well is anyone ready for another fly swap. I have a couple months before we really get going on Winter Steelhead so i have some free evenings. I really enjoyed the flies from last year, So if anyone else is intrested let us know.

Where's the fly swap? Do you guys do it online?

last year we had 12 people. eveyone came up with a pattern and tied 12 of them. one person gets all of them sent to them and they mails out one of each to all the people. it was fun seeing all the various stuff we tie.

Mark

I am in! I would have some time after i put my guns away

Im interested let me know what you need from me!

Default I am

Cool

I have a bad habit of tying like an extra 4 DZ but hey count me in. Will provide some HMS Hellgermites this year. Orvis calls them Stone Fly Buggers take forever to make. Bud from MT. and I created back in NY to many years ago to count but still a fun fly to fish for those not in AK.

Keep me posted on when.

Blue Moose

so one more time, anybody else intrested in a fly swap....

I'm in when we get enough interest. I just sat down at the bench last night for the first time in a couple months... and it felt good.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Just let me know what to tie, how much and where to send them.

Default I'd like to join this one.

I'd like to get-in this time, but I won't have much time to tie until Christmas break. Is it possible to make the deadline the first of the year or is that too far off for everyone?

I'd probably tie-up some irresistibles; not too original, I know, but I enjoy tying them and I've caught more fish on this fly in CA, MT, ID, and AK than on any other dry fly in my box. The fish everywhere seem to like 'em.

I am interested! Is there going to be theme or we tying a favorite pattern?

Count me in.
    Caught and Released

I think it should be favorite patterns. I don't mind the extended due date because i am tying Megaprince's. They take me 15-20 minutes each but there are a killer Fly down here in Oregon. I always like to know if my flys will catch fish back at home in Alaska. I try to come home every year if i can and fish or hunt.

Thanks Guys
    Mark

Excellent. I think the 1st of the year is a great deadline, as I'm heading out of town for a couple weeks and won't be able to really get going until mid-December myself.

Now just to decide what to tie...
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Default shoot for 1 Feb 2010

1 Feb should give ample time to getter done and leave extra time for a Spring Fling as well.

Thoughts?

P.S.

I am already done sorry but waiting does not hurt much!

Default sounds great

Quote Originally Posted by orhunter View Post
    Well is anyone ready for another fly swap. I have a couple months before we really get going on Winter Steelhead so i have some free evenings. I really enjoyed the flies from last year, So if anyone else is intrested let us know.
    I'd be interested - what is the decision on the date?

Could I send all my flies to whatever location you are tying at so that they would be there prior to the event?

I hope you guys like pink salmon flies, or size 22 midges!

Default Feb. 1st

So are we all in agreement; We'll call it Feb. 1st? This will give a bit more time to pick-up a few more tiers as well.

I'd like to see your #22 midges, Flying ties.

Feb sounds great. We need to decide who to send all of them to, so they can put them all together and get them out to everyone. We'll figure it out later.

I'm going to ty up some Mega Princes. They are killer down here in Western Oregon on trout and Steelhead. I will be interested to see if they will catch fish back home.

I have about 8 Battle creeks tied up. I have been finding a little time each week to tie 3 at a time and one or two for me for winter fishing on the Kenai. Hope everyone had a great holiday. Can't wait to see what everyone is making.

Guys i am in. I really dont want any flies in return. I will send some up. I tied up some sparkly flies for Steelhead and Sockeye i will send. I am fairly new to fly tying so i am sure they are not as nice as many of yours. You have all helped me with my many questions so i would be happy to send some as a way of saying thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    I am fairly new to fly tying so i am sure they are not as nice as many of yours.
    LOL! you haven't seen my flies yet!!!

On a serious note, where do I send these flies? can someone PM me the address?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast