Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter 2007 Draw Permits When will we know

Default Winter 2007 Draw Permits When will we know

The deadline for Winter 2007 Hunting Draw Permits ended today. Anyone know how long until we find out if we drew a permit? Will they email if we applied online or is it going to come by good old US Mail?

The results will be posted on-line, most likely in mid-January. The permits are mailed out to winners in July. If you check back here periodically in January, you'll know right away when the results are posted. Once the second week of Jan rolls around a lot of us get anxious and start checking the F&G site every few minutes.

Good luck, and welcome to the forums!

-Brian

Default and the winner is....

YOU.
    No, really, you win the prize for being the first poster to ask that question. Most usually wait 2 or 3 weeks to start a thread asking that.
    Gary

LOL

The last 2 years it has come out at the end of Jan, like the 27th ish. Seems to me, usually on or near the last friday of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Most usually wait 2 or 3 weeks to start a thread asking that.
    Gary
    Actually that is incorrect, the first guy normally doesn't ask, he normally makes a post entitled "Permit Results are Out". This turns out to be a fib and all the hot heads begin making threatening posts to the prankster. Funny!

Yeah, I guess it's true that it is usually later in January than it is in July. The application period doesn't close until a week into the month, and F&G also doesn't have the impending start of the season as additional motivation to get it done. I'd really like to know more about the system. It doesn't upset me, as I need more practice with being patient anyways (it's a virtue, you know), but I don't understand why it takes over a month and a half if the computer does all of the drawing. Yes, I know that they have to wait a couple of week for all of the snail-mail applications, but what about the entire month afterwards? Is that time mostly consumed by data entry?

Again, not a mean-spirited accusation of taking too long - just curious as to why.

-Brian

Talking How do I claim my Prize?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?

Gary, I would have posted the question a couple weeks ago, but did not want to seem overeager. I am glad that I win a prize though, if you haven't picked it out yet, a gift card to Cabela's would suffice would be cheaper to ship. Thanks to everyone that replied will save me a bunch of time logging in and out of Alaska F&G website. I can spend some more time doing important things like buying a new gun, etc for my trip.

Which trip would the gun be for, shallow? Are you planning a general tag hunt in case your drawing hunts don't work out?

-Brian

One year a friend of mine found out he had drawn DCUA because he got a call or a letter or something from a guide trying to sell him his services!! What a way to find out..."Hello, would you like me to fly you into the Alaska Range to kill your ram?".... wha...???
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

You guys will know when the tags are out cuz I'll be on here yelling YYYYEEEEEHHHHAAAAWWW!!!! This is gonna be a good year, I can feel it!

FYI-
    The supplement say midFeb, but they are always earlier.

Here's the official word from the Fish and GAme web site:
    UPDATE! 12/07/2006
    The 2006 Winter application period is now closed. We are now processing the applications. Non-resident bear permits will be processed first and results are expected to be announced on or before 12/31/2006. The results for the Winter application hunts for Sheep, Mt. Goat and Moose will be announced on or before 02/15/2007. The 2006 Winter applicant lookup information will be updated as results for hunts are announced.

907-267-2409 or contacting an ADF&G Area Office

wow mid february, thats late, even for what they usually guess the time frame is. i wish they'd do non res bear tags last and all the other stuff first.

Man, that would suck if we had to wait two months to find out.

Default dam

thats two weeks later than it has every been, its always sad on or before Jan 31, never in Feb, rat *******s

As long you got drawn it will be worth the wait.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I think we found out the first week of Feb last year wasn't it?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Red face late results

Mid feb, thats late. many guys will now have one month less to get into sheep shape.

Default Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. However....

Not to get anyones hopes up for this upcoming years announcement, but in the last two years, the winter draw results came out on...

January 21, 2005

January 27, 2006

Hopefully 2007 will be about the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by cold zero View Post
    Mid feb, thats late. many guys will now have one month less to get into sheep shape.
    You're kidding, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast