Thread: blacktail drag

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar
    Old Harbor, Alaska, United States

Default blacktail drag

2 bucks and 2 different methods. One guy opted to drag his buck out and the other butchered and packed out. Both work, but sometines it easier one way or the other. Both parties made it to the beach in time for me to catch the setting light on their buck!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs

Default Buck Drag

Awesome Picture!
    I usually pack mine. I worry about laying a scent trail to Camp or Pick-up, especially if I am going to have to wait there a while.
    We had to push a Brown Bear back across Uyak Bay a couple of weeks ago with the plane.
    A couple of Goat Hunters had the Bear in Camp and False Charging them, so they packed their camp in a paddle raft and moved all of their gear and meat across Uyak Bay. Be Dog Goned if the Bear didn't decide to swim across after the meat.

Ketchikan, Alaska

Default classic

Thats a bunch of proud dudes! Congrats to the hunters.

Valley trash

last fall on perry island, my buddy head shot two small bucks side by side, big bodies for PWS deer, but he drug them down from the top to the beach by himself, we had to help him once he hit the antler was broke (velvet) and the trooper said that was one of the biggest bucks he ever seen come out of that area ....was a 3x3. good eating anyway!

Release Lake Trout

Anchorage, Alaska

Nice looking buck and one happy group of hunters!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Default It would have been easier if

they gutted it first! By the pic atleast it doesn't appear that they did. We drug all of our deer in PWS, gutted of course!