Thread: Better stockpile what lead you can now if you cast

Default Better stockpile what lead you can now if you cast

Home Press Other Resources SEMA eNews
    SEMA eNews Vol. 12, No. 43 California Bans Lead Wheel Weightsin Law & OrderGovernment AffairsWTC
    Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed into law legislation which bans the manufacture, sale and use of lead wheel weights in California effective January 1, 2010. The automakers have agreed to stop using the weights as original equipment, and the three major manufacturers of wheel weights in the United States will stop distributing lead weights in California by the end of 2009.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency launched a voluntary nationwide initiative in 2008 and began a rulemaking process this summer which may eventually translate into a mandatory federal ban. The weights have been banned in the European Union since 2005.

At issue is concern that the weights fall off tires and become environmental hazards or are contaminants in the metal recycling process. In the environment, the weights may be ground into fine dust particles and turn into lead oxides, hydroxides or bicarbonates. Lead particles and chemical combinations also pose the risk of contaminating surface and ground water supplies
    Tennessee

Default Thanks!

Algore and the liberal greenies strike again!

They tried to shut down shooting ranges under the same argument.

I wonder how much lead flashing old Al has on that huge power hungry CO2 belching mansion where he lives. The liberals would love for us to forget that Al talks out of both sides of his mouth while he gets rich - perhaps Fox news will bring it up again.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

TVF, isn't Swarzinator a Republican?

Let's see: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...08498&srvc=rss

Yep, he's another one of those Al Gore followers
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Quote Originally Posted by Phish Finder View Post
    TVF, isn't Swarzinator a Republican?

Let's see: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...08498&srvc=rss

Yep, he's another one of those Al Gore followers
    He's a wolf in Republican drag, a Kennedy by any other name is . . .
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Sorry about hijacking the thread. After reading tvf's post, I forgot which forum we were in.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

First, Arnold is a RINO. He was better than Gray Davis, but not much. The tax increase on vehicle licensing that got Gray recalled is no back in effect under Arnold.

RE: wheel weights - it was really getting hard around the sacramento area to find any lead. most had gone to a lead free weight. My dad actually found a guy that used to supply the tire shops with wheel weights a few years back and we bought all his lead stock - about 1800 #. Dad still has most of it down there. We spent a whole summer melting it into ingots and trashing the clips.

I sure hope AK knows better than this crap.