Thread: Kings River ride on Sunday

Default Kings River ride on Sunday

Anyone up for a ride at Kings River on Sunday? If so, plan on meeting at Taco Bell parking lot in Palmer at 11am. Let me know if anyone wants to go. Weather is forecast to be good.

Anyone have any recent trail reports from Kings River?
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

I'd go, but we already have a trip planned to the cabin in Petersville - hope to wheel up into the Dutch.

Thumbs up

I'll be there Mud. If anything changes give me a heads up

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanSD View Post
    I'd go, but we already have a trip planned to the cabin in Petersville - hope to wheel up into the Dutch.
    keep us posted on the conditions of petersville I have been wanting to put my tracks on and go up there with the argo. done the high trail in the summer and had a blast. now I want to enjoy it in the winter and not work as hard as I did before it was frozen if you know what I mean.

Default Change of plans for Sunday

As luck would have it...as soon as I put this thread up I find out today that a part I need for my brakes will not arrive until next week for the Grizzly. It was supposed to be in yesterday and installed today. So I have decided to take the Rhino to Jim Creek on Sunday versus Kings River. Let me know if anyone wants to go. We can meet in the pavilion parking lot at 10:30am and head out around 10:45. Feel free to join us for a ride!!!
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

Jim Creek ride is still on for today. Meet at the parking lot at 10:30am. Should be a great day to ride. The wind has died down and the sun should bring the temps up to the low 30s.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

Question

Quote Originally Posted by AKMuddy View Post
    So I have decided to take the Rhino to Jim Creek on Sunday versus Kings River.
    Is the Rhino not suitable for King River Trail?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Is the Rhino not suitable for King River Trail?
    Ya, the Rhino will go just fine on the Kings River trail during the summer but I already have the snow plow mount hooked up for the winter. Don't feel like taking the chance of bending it up this close to winter. The rhino is my primary plow vehicle and I can't afford to have it down for any reason this time of year. Jim Creek was just a better option. If I had not had the plow mount already installed for the season then Kings River would have been where I went. I should get the Grizzly back on Wednesday so I will be up for a Kings River run after that. Just have to see how the weather holds out.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

Kings River is a lot more fun when there's a foot or so of snow. Incredible scenery too.