Thread: A really nice .22

Default A really nice .22

Rifle is a left hand Cooper Custom Classic in .22LR. Options include the checkered bolt knob, inletted sling studs, skeleton butt plate, and skeleton grip cap along with wood upgraded to AAA+. When the rifle was originally built I was not happy with the stock as I didnt feel the wood upgrade was AAA+ (neither did a lot of people who seen the photos).
    Cooper, much to there credit agreed to restock the rifle and even sent me photos of blanks to pick out. The remake of the stock is finally finished and Cooper was nice enough to forward me these pictures. I should have the rifle in my hands in two weeks or less. I am pleased with the new stock.
    Took about 20 months but everyone deserves that one nice custom built .22 rifle and now I have mine. Rimfires are my favorite rifles as I do not have to chase brass nor reload.

They just need to get those ugly Leupold mounts off thsi rifle and install some Talley bases and the Leupold 3x9 rimfire scope is waiting to go on!
    Tennessee

Photos didnt show up so I will post them here:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tennessee

And here are the other two:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tennessee

It's beautiful. You can really get a notion of the type of rifle nut you're dealing with by considering his rimfire collection. According to these photos you are one "nutty" dude.

Very nice. I like it! Someday I would like to have a nice bolt action .22, have wanted one for a long while. Until then, my 10/22 and Winchester 77 will have to do.

Really Nice???

But it's only got 1 barrel...????

Very nice rifle, Randy! Did you tell your wife it was a straight across trade for your Kimber?

That's a true beauty, Randy...and it's nice to see that the bolt handle is on the correct side!

Have you shot it yet? A couple of years ago a guy at the bench next to me at the range had a Cooper. It was chambered in a small caliber center-fire. I don't recall exactly. Anyway, that rifle was a true and blue tack-driver at 100 yards.

Doc

Havent shot it yet. Those are photos that Cooper emailed me upon finishing the rifle and the rifle should be here within a couple of weeks. If it shoots anywhere like the other Cooper I own I'll be pleased.

Leonard, should of never sold the Lefty Kimber I owned. It was a great rifle as well.
    Tennessee

Forgive me for my ignorance, but what action does cooper build these with?

Jeremiah

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiahak View Post
    Forgive me for my ignorance, but what action does cooper build these with?

Jeremiah

There own 57M.
    Tennessee

Nice!

Howard French once surmised that a person's interest in shooting will be apparent in the .22 rifles he owns. A prospective staffer who didn't have at least one bolt action .22 would stand zero chance of being hired by Howard.

A high grade .22 bolt rifle in my opinion returns dividends far beyond what any other firearms purchase can even approach.

I'm sporterizing an old Win. 52, a decent looking scope and mount is the biggest challenge so far. I have a really trick piece of maple for the stock. I'm going to have mammoth trim and a really shiny blue job.
    pete

So what dose my 10/22 with a bull barrel, custom laminate stock and Leupold say about me?
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

That rifle looks great. The walnut is spectacular!

Smile I want one...

Everyone that hunts should own a bolt action .22 rifle. The Kimber .22 rifle is the best of the best. Maybe some day, until then, it is me and the old Browning T Bolt.

T Bolts are nice! Just picked up one of the new left handed ones myself.
    Tennessee

Randy that is one fine looking rifle, I have drooled over Cooper's website numerous times and will one day put in an order for one of their rifles. have fun shooting that one!
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

That's a nice looking rifle, love the stock.

I have a remington model 582 bolt action rimfire I have had since I was 12. It has been a great little rifle all these years.