Thread: ER Lion's Club show

Default ER Lion's Club show

What are the hours Sat & Sun of the Eagle River Lion's Club gun show this weekend? I would like to go Sunday as we're Halloweening it up on Saturday.

Btw, I'm sure this has been posted somewhere previously, sorry if this is a repeat.

Tim

10 am to something, I think 5 ish.

Default Lot of people looking at guns!

Thanks Tom. I was there at 10:30 and scored some Unique & shell holders & I met a forum member there and bought some cartridges.

Lotta people out there this morning.

Tim

Where is it?
    Thanks

Eagle River Lions club on the corner of Eagle River road and Highland/Eagle River loop road.

Tim

Thank you.

No problem Tim, I didnt make it out yet. Im afraid I might be tempted having already spent my "fun" money on a new boring old 30-06.

Quote Originally Posted by TomM View Post
    No problem Tim, I didnt make it out yet. Im afraid I might be tempted having already spent my "fun" money on a new boring old 30-06.
    What make and model?

CZ 550 from the campfire classifieds. Hope it shoots as good as my last CZ (375H&H).

I realized I had to many 30-06 components to not get another 30-06. Perfectly good logic, huh.

Default 30-06

Having AT LEAST ONE .30-06 should be requirment for living in Alaska - it is a heritage and traditional thing!

At least one of the '06s should be a Win. Mdl 70 or a '03 Springfield.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I definetly have the -06 thing covered. Hardest part is keeping the brass segregated for each rifle.

I'm very tempted to bring home a new extreme weather Model 70 30-06. Handled one today at Sportsman's.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm very tempted to bring home a new extreme weather Model 70 30-06. Handled one today at Sportsman's.
    I have one of the extreme weather model 70 in 300 win mag. Its a keeper! Mine has been very accurate so far.

What scope did you put on yours? What bullets you shooting in your 300? This is would be my first 30-06.

Matt, you ought to try the 30-06. Its boring in its efficency. I had a M70 Classic Stainless that I recently sold to tvfinak. I hunted all over the state with that rifle. I never found the -06 wanting. I still have a pre-64 and my grandfathers Rem 760, I just dont get into the stainless/synthetic thing anymore. I have one, a 375 that resembled yours right down to the Mickey (minus color scheme).

The new M70's sure do shoot. I bought a 270 for my son, and everything thing I have fed it seems to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by TomM View Post
    I just dont get into the stainless/synthetic thing anymore.
    I was never a believer in the fact that you must have a stainless either, but my scope screws (the rings and screws are blued) began rusting out in PWS on a deer hunt mid-Oct. I wiped down and oiled my rifle (in low-light indoors) and didn't see the rust until it formed. What do you do in the field to compensate for ultra-wet conditions with blued guns?

Most of my hunting has been done with a blued/wood '06 but not in the heinous conditions of PWS in the fall.

Tim

Rings and bases are usually the first part to show rust, especially if they have a matte finnish. Gloss is actually better at kepping rust away imo, but looks like crap when rust finally gets the better of it.

Last year I took my pre-64 -06 out to Montague Is. for Deer/Bear. Beforehand, I stripped it down, Rem-oil'd it, and coated with Johnson's paste wax. I sprayed it down everynight with an aerosol can of rem-oil, and thoroughly cleaned it when I got home a week later. Looking at the rifle now, I only see the few scrathes in the wood from my pack frame.

When I used to take my SS guns to PWS for blackbear, I had to go over them the same, just maybe with a little less care.

I still have a SS like I mentioned, for when hunting from a skiff, salt spray, etc. Main thing is keep them in a case when hunting around salt when you can, and rem-oil the crap out of them.